Arkansas Hunting banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Got mine in yesterday got it all set up. Put it in the house just to make sure everything was working and it was. My only question is it says 4g network to work properly. My phone has 5g but the camera only shows 3g

·
Registered
786 Posts
Camera shows this any suggestions? I wasn't sure it was working so I went back and walked in front of it and it took my pic so I have no clue what is up with it
Screenshot_20201008-152929_Tactacam%20Reveal.jpeg

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Camera shows this any suggestions? I wasn't sure it was working so I went back and walked in front of it and it took my pic so I have no clue what is up with it View attachment 281602
Wait for it to update and it should fill that information in. It may take up to 24 hours to update. I’d keep it around the house to make sure it gets right before putting it out though.

·
Registered
573 Posts
So I nearly had myself talked into buying one of these reveals the other day..Walmart had a rack full of them. Then I thought to myself...all this thing is going to do is make me mad by delivering pictures to me all day while I’m working and cannot be in the woods...then I thought...and if I was to set it up over a bait pile, I’ll be going in there to replenish the bait about every 2-3 weeks so why not just pull the cards out of my regular cams at that point like I’ve always done. So I talked myself out of it...I get it, they’re nice but I don’t really see the concept behind it if I’m going to be going to the woods anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
So I nearly had myself talked into buying one of these reveals the other day..Walmart had a rack full of them. Then I thought to myself...all this thing is going to do is make me mad by delivering pictures to me all day while I’m working and cannot be in the woods...then I thought...and if I was to set it up over a bait pile, I’ll be going in there to replenish the bait about every 2-3 weeks so why not just pull the cards out of my regular cams at that point like I’ve always done. So I talked myself out of it...I get it, they’re nice but I don’t really see the concept behind it if I’m going to be going to the woods anyway.
Biggest plus is knowing a deer/hog/person or whatever was just there, not finding out 3 weeks later... Hundreds of hogs have died due to cell cams this year across the country. About 30 just on our place, which ain't near enough of um.

·
Premium Member
25,698 Posts
Biggest plus is knowing a deer/hog/person or whatever was just there, not finding out 3 weeks later... Hundreds of hogs have died due to cell cams this year across the country. About 30 just on our place, which ain't near enough of um.
I agree - immediate notification from a cell cam is more important when shooting hogs than deer. I have a cuddelink system and it sends pics twice a day. I killed my big deer this year because I was able to see the deer was beginning to show up in shooting light - without physically having to go in there and possibly spook him. I used that information to go after him when all the hunting conditions were favorable. Without pictures from the cell cam - I would have been regularly hunting him under less than ideal conditions - and very likely would have spooked him.

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I agree - immediate notification from a cell cam is more important when shooting hogs than deer. I have a cuddelink system and it sends pics twice a day. I killed my big deer this year because I was able to see the deer was beginning to show up in shooting light - without physically having to go in there and possibly spook him. I used that information to go after him when all the hunting conditions were favorable. Without pictures from the cell cam - I would have been regularly hunting him under less than ideal conditions - and very likely would have spooked him.
that's how I killed the big one I hunted last year. I got pics of him there every evening for 2 weeks til season started, I never had to go in their and possible spook him off. But the cameras earn their keep on hogs.

·
Premium Member
25,698 Posts
that's how I killed the big one I hunted last year. I got pics of him there every evening for 2 weeks til season started, I never had to go in their and possible spook him off. But the cameras earn their keep on hogs.
I currently have my spypoint - yes, still running after a year - on my hog trap. I dont have to go check it everyday. Just wait until I see it has caught hogs and go take care of them.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I currently have my spypoint - yes, still running after a year - on my hog trap. I dont have to go check it everyday. Just wait until I see it has caught hogs and go take care of them.
I’m still running 3 spypoint cameras. One is on its third year and the other two are on their second. When I switched to a 12 volt battery and solar panel all the problems with battery life and inconsistent uploads went away.
When they finally quit working I won’t be getting any more spypoint cameras. You shouldn’t have to put auxiliary antennas and run an external battery to make a camera work in an area that has reasonably good cell service.

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I’m still running 3 spypoint cameras. One is on its third year and the other two are on their second. When I switched to a 12 volt battery and solar panel all the problems with battery life and inconsistent uploads went away.
When they finally quit working I won’t be getting any more spypoint cameras. You shouldn’t have to put auxiliary antennas and run an external battery to make a camera work in an area that has reasonably good cell service.
I've got one left, but I dont get good enough service in my area to use it. Had another that made it just over a year and quit working. Got a replacement for it and then sold it. I'm curious to see how long these reveals last, but the 2 I got now are doing great so far.

Also something I thought was interesting earlier, I got an email from spypoint that my cameras batteries were down to 10%, not a notification on the app, or camera just during like most. Now I know to go replace the batteries this afternoon. Same camera I got and put out in july, and 3000 pics so far on lithium batteries.

·
Premium Member
25,698 Posts
Almost every time I have had spypoint problems - new batteries fixed it. If battery strength falls to 60% with alkaline - it will quit sending. The lithium batteries easily last three times as long as the alkaline.

·
Premium Member
8,677 Posts
So I know I'm late to the party.....

But anyone know where a guy can buy one of these......online??.....North east or north central???

Walmart says they have it in store on the web.....but they do not according to the employees in the store

·
Member<br>2016 Turkey Contest Team Winner<br>
2,648 Posts
So I know I'm late to the party.....

But anyone know where a guy can buy one of these......online??.....North east or north central???

Walmart says they have it in store on the web.....but they do not according to the employees in the store
Walmart in Heber Springs had several the other day.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm not sure how you guys are getting such good pics with the reveals? I have four of them..the night pics are good..but daytime are same quality as the couple spypoints I've got. I was hoping for a bit better definition but not so much, for me.

121 - 140 of 176 Posts