synthetic stock dulled

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by limbhanger, Feb 11, 2008.

1. limbhanger

limbhanger Well-Known Member

Searcy
    Hey guys, I recently acquired a new used shotgun. The stock and forearm are black synthetic...or used to be black. I don't know if the sun faded the stock, or if a harsh solvent was used on it. Is there any fix for this besides krylon? Is there a rubbing compound that will bring it back to decent shape? Thanks.

2. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

You would be better off to buy a new stock.Krylon will look like crapp.

3. John Taylor

John Taylor Well-Known Member

Rub 3 1n one oil on it if it's not to bad it will darken it, or Wd40 but will not last to long.

John

4. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

That's a good Idea.Rub it on, wipe off the excess.

5. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

If worse comes to worse and you don't want to get a new one you could paint a camo patern on it. I've seen some that look really good.

6. Get a can of spray-on truck bed liner from Walmart. It will look as good as new.

7. CR

CR Well-Known Member

+1 on the spray on bedliner! I did that to a synthetic rifle stock that was faded, and it looks like new. It has held up for about 6 years now. I've also had good luck with the Krylon spray paint for plastic, textured, black. I sprayed it on some plastic exterior parts on my truck that were faded, and still going strong. Just make sure you scuff/prep the stock before painting, as that will determine how long the finish will last.