Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are several of the major roads in the forest that are closed for one reason or another.
Gunner Pool road is closed because of mud/rock slide and the Gunner Pool recreation area is closed.
The Barkshed low water crossing is closed because of high water.
Bear Road is closed by high water on the east end off of HWY 5 North.

Green Road is open. Push Mtn Road is open on the South end.

The Blanchard Springs Recreation Area has a blue boundary line painted on the trees that surround the area and is always off limits to hunting.

If you hear a turkey gobble across the hollow, remember someone else is already there.

Be safe, hunt smart and know your target. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Is the bridge closed north of the town of Norfork,thats how I enter the north end of Sylamore? And what about those houses along the river by the same bridge? My wife was driving me crazy last year wanting to buy one of the lots just north of the bridge.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the bridge closed north of the town of Norfork,thats how I enter the north end of Sylamore? And what about those houses along the river by the same bridge? My wife was driving me crazy last year wanting to buy one of the lots just north of the bridge.
Sorry about not getting back to you sooner. The bridges across the White River are open now as the river water level has dropped considerably.

I would not recommend buying a house in the flood plane of the White River.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts