Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hunting Sylamore for a long time. Never seen sign of hogs. Until this past week end. Did a lot of walking around the woods scouting for deer signs and found hog signs almost every were. Wallows at all water holes with long mud trails that are so easy to follow leading away from each watering hole. First time I have seen this. Looks like we need to have a hog killin.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
There are getting well established in several areas of the Ranger District. Seems to be a lot of them around Push Mt. and all along the White River where they stay in the cane patches. My hunting buddy took one a few years ago with a muzzle loader and he said there were 19 hogs in the bunch from which he killed a 200 lb sow.
I hope the deer hunters thin them some this year. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I live just up stream on the bank of white river off Side of Push Mountain and I have only had one sow and 6 pigs up here in 4 years..........:clap:...they all died a good death....BBQ...:up:

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,006 Posts
I hunt the first week of Gun season at Sylamore WMA along the Buffalo river and White river ,I havent ever seen a hog there yet but sure would like too.. I have heard they are there ..

·
3,605 Posts
Yes, there are hogs in Sylamore........They are tough to drag out of those hills though. Not too many folks are willing to go to the bottom and drag one back out.

Some local folks have been releasing them up there for several years.
I wish that they would stop doing that.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Yes, there are hogs in Sylamore........They are tough to drag out of those hills though. Not too many folks are willing to go to the bottom and drag one back out.

Some local folks have been releasing them up there for several years.
I wish that they would stop doing that.
I wish we could catch them and feed them to the hogs........:mad:
There are some castrated ones running around I hear, with lots of spots......:banghead:

·
Banned
518 Posts
30 point game violation.

I wish that they would hire professional hog hunters with dogs to get rid of them though.
I've got private lands in Sylamore WMA and I can hunt with dogs, at night, etc... holler and come.. Me and UCNE will be glad to go. I've killed a few over the past 3 years, but they are pretty elusive as you all know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.