Swisher Mowers

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by rowdyrabbit, Jun 3, 2020.

1. rowdyrabbit

rowdyrabbit Well-Known Member

Is there a dealer around central AR that stocks Swisher pull behind mowers? I saw several dealers listed on the website, but none seem to keep them in stock.

Thanks

2. KemperCamper

KemperCamper Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

I have one I rarely use & might sell

emerson likes this.

3. rowdyrabbit

Better expand that to is there anywhere in the state that carries them? I’ve called everyone listed as a dealer in the central part of the state, and they all say they’re not actually a dealer.

long likes this.
  4. pirogue

pirogue Well-Known Member

People started distancing themselves from Swisher mowers, when they thought there was a connection with Swisher blunt wraps, I mean, tobacco products.

rowdyrabbit and HuntHigh like this.
  5. mr4pt

mr4pt Well-Known Member

SWA
    I sold my 44” swisher last week. I bought it used 6 years ago and have had nothing but issues with it everyone I tried to use it. I put countless pull cords on it, countless belts, fuel systems completely overhauled last year. This year when I went to mow my ditches I had to work on fuel system again, finally got it started and it died as soon as I engaged blades. I took a pic right then and listed it on Facebook, sold it within an hour
    Best decision I’ve made in awhile

rowdyrabbit likes this.
  6. pirogue

pirogue Well-Known Member

So it ranks in quality alongside Swisher cigars?

ducksoup, rowdyrabbit and mr4pt like this.
  7. rowdyrabbit

That sounds like pretty much every single thing I own with a gas engine.

mr4pt and SwampCat like this.
  8. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I just had to have a new carb installed on my string trimmer. My tiller needs carb work and the two small engine repair shops near me are one month backed up. They wont even work on the motor on my wood mill.

owner of one of the shops swears by this stuff. He said this will fix half of carb problems. It did get my tiller running good enough to work the garden

1F162D52-DF46-4F4F-AEF2-4B303D1D057D.jpeg

rowdyrabbit likes this.
  9. mr4pt

mr4pt Well-Known Member

SWA
    I put a new carb on that swisher and while at it put a fuel drain valve below the carb so I could drain gas out of carb after every use

It ran good the next two times I used it then fouled up again. 11 hp Briggs. I only run non ethanol in my small engines, this was the only one that gave me much trouble so I eliminated it

SwampCat likes this.
  10. mr4pt

mr4pt Well-Known Member

SWA
    I put a new carb on that swisher and while at it put a fuel drain valve below the carb so I could drain gas out of carb after every use

It ran good the next two times I used it then fouled up again. 11 hp Briggs. I only run non ethanol in my small engines, this was the only one that gave me much trouble so I eliminated it

11. mr4pt

mr4pt Well-Known Member

SWA

12. rowdyrabbit

I’ll try to find some of that locally. Right now I’ve got two pressure washers, two chainsaws, a blower, and a push mower that all need attention. All but one pressure washer have had the carb replaced.

13. emerson

emerson Well-Known Member

Where are you at and what do you want for it ?

14. Swampboss

Swampboss Well-Known Member

Sorry for the hijack but
    I’ve had very good luck using this stuff keeping my motors going.
    Never had to work on anymore carbs.
    I try to not let my gas get old and make sure to put a couple ounces in every time I fill the tank.
    IMG_1591442409.627369.jpg

I think it’s about the same as Seafoam at 1/2 the price. Most every auto parts store has it , also Walmart

mr4pt likes this.
  15. bullcreekboy

bullcreekboy Well-Known Member

I’ve revived several engines successfully with mechanic in a bottle.

16. fairweatherhunter

fairweatherhunter Well-Known Member

I don't know about Swisher mowers but I know about Swisher Sweets.