Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is now going around. I am interested in seeing the results.

http://www.polldaddy.com/s/2DCF00A3248084DD/

Got it this morning. I think it is just because Arkansas Business can sell more papers, but will be interesting to see the results none the less.

I don't think the questions are good ones. They state the AGFC Biologists in a couple of questions, but this was the work of the Commission.

·
Registered
884 Posts
My survery results.

No Robo will be used on my hunts

I think the Commission did a Horrible job of informing the public about both the 2 hen limit, and the "roboduck"

I will try for GHO.

I think the Commission gave in because of both money, and the rest of the flyways

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
I am interested in seeing the results.

I don't think the questions are good ones. They state the AGFC Biologists in a couple of questions, but this was the work of the Commission.
Hambone, I agree on both points, I am also looking forward to seeing the result of the poll,

and I also agree it was by NO way the biologist who pushed for this ban to be lifted. The ones I am good friends with were floored with the decission that was made. This was totally the Commission's decission made without the guidance of the very people's impute they have hired to supply them with data to make valid decission, but that seems to be a trend more & more these days with the G&F. The way it is going they have just as well let the biologist be replaced with financial investment people because they seem to be managing more for the dollar than the betterment of the resource.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
The shame of this whole deal is the G&F could have put up such a poll for the public to have voted on to gather more valid data before they had the final vote. But no, they had UALR conduct an information gathering operation for them where they contacted a whole 2% of the waterfowling public that bought duck stamps. No telling what they paid them to conduct that in depth poll? It is a shame, the G&F has one of the best computer systems in the state with the ablilty to process licence sales, court cases, check game, and keep up with massive amounts of data pertaining to other issues, but yet no one has ever seemed to figure out how to post up an on site poll to gather data before such a decission is to be made.

One has to wonder why? These people can do it, heck even a dummy like me can do one, but yet it never seemed to occur to the PTB up on Natural Resources Drive that maybe they could do such on their website! Go figure?:head::whistle::dontknow:

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
Before it's over that survey will be a hell of a lot better than a survey done at UALR.

We can still make things happen... if nothing else get them banned on public land, but it's going to take everyone complaining to the commissioners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.