Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Banned
385 Posts
I'd say a 99 in good shape is going to fetch around 1800-2000$......probably not much less than it was brand new.

Things are only worth what folks are willing to pay for them and those motors are in high demand if you can find them. If you don't want it, let me know.......I been looking high and low for one for over a year now.:thumb:

I did find a 99 DT25 back in March for 1600$ but it was in New Jersey and the fella that had it' had it on a boat and he wasn't willing to sell seperate. by the time I figure the cost in gas and time off to go pick it up, it was'nt worth it so........the search continues.

· Registered
694 Posts
i agree with pimp, although, l have seen cash offers for more than that, as he probably has also. i personally am not looking for one as i have my motor already, but i know a number of folks that would grab one up in a second if they found one

· Banned
385 Posts
:thumb:

It makes my 04 25 merc look better every day. Which, by the way are starting to get to be a hot ticket themselves because of the shift on the throttle, which I like.

I like the DT25 because they have so much torque. When you twist one up you better have ahold of something. Speed wise I can't complain about the Merc.......I GPS'd my boat (1542 SeaArk) at 31.6 with just me in it, however you put a hunting load in it and it goes to more like 26 - 27. It is pretty much an empty hull with a factory casting deck up front and bench seat in back. No gunbox or floor.

I know Merc's tote a bad rep for being cold natured but mine (knock on wood) has not been that way. If it had I'd be shed of it right quick.......one thing I can't stand is faulty equipment.:eek:

· Registered
119 Posts
PIMP......I saw Scammy Scales had one sitting out on his lot the other day. I will try to see what the deal on it is. He may just be working on it for someone. Sometimes its hard to tell whats for sale and whats being worked on at his place.

· Registered
119 Posts
I'll sell you mine, but it might cost you with all the work "the wizard" did on it. He got it runnin right! I ran 34.9 mph with only me in it, and ran 31-32mph loaded with 3 people back during duck season. Hell, I haven't used it since, that I can remember. I like to fish out of my other boat. I took my zuki to the meto twice last year, just to line them up and see what it had, and it didn't let me down. I just don't use it anymore since I started guiding at the duck club.

· Banned
385 Posts
Jim Leus (pronounced Lewis)
Lives in Altheimer 870-731-7280
Last time I talked to him he has a full time job that keeps him pretty busy and the motor repair funds his crappie fishing addiction but he has been quick to get things done for me (minor work) and his quality of work is worth the wait. Since my motor is out of warranty......nobody but him will turn a wrench on it as long as he's willing to do it. Jim is good folks.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.