Arkansas Hunting banner
61 - 80 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
@HunterJustice
I'm curious as to how you'd argue for a reduction I your suspension? What could you possibly offer to get a judge to reverse or alter a sentence already handed down? Time for wheeling and dealing was at trial. I can't fathom there actually being something you could say now to change the already adjudicated sentence.
In Arkansas the judge has no control over your suspension. It is left fully up to the commission. Meaning, the judge assesses your fines or jail time and then the commission chooses your suspension. It just takes the judges ability to wheel and deal on suspensions.

my hearing is only with the commission not a judge.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
My serious reply as a hunter. Own up to your mistakes and pay for them. You did wrong and knew better. It wasn’t an honest mistake. It was knowing transgressions of the law that you did on purpose. Man up to your punishment and change your ways.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
My serious reply as a hunter. Own up to your mistakes and pay for them. You did wrong and knew better. It wasn’t an honest mistake. It was knowing transgressions of the law that you did on purpose. Man up to your punishment and change your ways.
Thank you n8. I hope to change as well. It is very expensive, but I just keep telling myself the print more money every day.

·
Premium Member
15,260 Posts
Screw that....go in there hollering incoherently and tossing benjamins.....

Bring a piece of deer meat....doe and buck....and have them tell ya the difference....

Tell them of all the Pittman Robertson money they stand to lose....

Without hunting privileges, your family might starve...or ya have to become a drug dealer to feed the kids...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Screw that....go in there hollering incoherently and tossing benjamins.....

Bring a piece of deer meat....doe and buck....and have them tell ya the difference....

Tell them of all the Pittman Robertson money they stand to lose....

Without hunting privileges, your family might starve...or ya have to become a drug dealer to feed the kids...
Now we are talking….I could definitely go for some of that action.
What I wanna know is if there is going to be a bunch more folks like me in there??? Maybe it could be like an outlaw meet and greet where I could make new friends. Y’all have really helped me make a big ole pitcher of lemonade with these lemons. I hope I never get my license back!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sounds like you screwed yourself twice. First by ignoring regulations, second by hiring a crappy lawyer. Did you use Peter Miller, the guy with the smile?
idk if it is true, but I heard that dude p. miller is in a cult, complete with large gated compound and he gives his money to the "organization."

·
Registered
10,751 Posts
I feel for you not getting to hunt for 3 years. That would be a terrible punishment. They will watch you when you get reinstated. And make sure you follow up on everything you are told to do. I know someone who didn't and got an extra year added.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Anyone in here had an administrative hearing to fight for license? Had a few points I needed to dispute or try to get cut down and was wondering if anyone had gone to one and what to expect.
Thanks for any help
All I can say is be polite and respectful. If you behave then likely the worst that can happen is your current penalty is upheld but you might get lucky and get it reduced. Points aren't going anywhere, you're stuck with them. You might come away with a reduced suspension and a probationary period. If you do get lucky enough to get a probationary period, keep your t's crossed and i's dotted because the you will be on the local GW's radar more than you probably already are.

This is speaking from experience. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
I've got more points than Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I've killed deer with rifles, muzzleloaders, bows, even killed a gut shot nanny with a tree limb one time. I've never killed a deer with a license though. I doubt you could get one to stand still long enough to read it. I like hunting bachelor groups in late August/early September with a .300 short mag. You can greatly improve your chances of taking big bucks if you understand the best ways to hunt them. Only problem for these bootlickers is... the law don't understand the best ways to hunt. Or the best places. Biggest bucks are usually behind purple paint. Or so I'm told. Been color blind since the day I was born.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I've got more points than Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I've killed deer with rifles, muzzleloaders, bows, even killed a gut shot nanny with a tree limb one time. I've never killed a deer with a license though. I doubt you could get one to stand still long enough to read it. I like hunting bachelor groups in late August/early September with a .300 short mag. You can greatly improve your chances of taking big bucks if you understand the best ways to hunt them. Only problem for these bootlickers is... the law don't understand the best ways to hunt. Or the best places. Biggest bucks are usually behind purple paint. Or so I'm told. Been color blind since the day I was born.
Have you considered starting a religion?

·
Registered
The Sword of the Spirit
899 Posts
In Arkansas the judge has no control over your suspension. It is left fully up to the commission. Meaning, the judge assesses your fines or jail time and then the commission chooses your suspension. It just takes the judges ability to wheel and deal on suspensions.

my hearing is only with the commission not a judge.
My son tried to have his suspension shortened and scheduled a hearing. The lady at AGFC told him after looking at his case, the Judge in Hot Springs aka Hahtsprangs was adamant about his privileges being revoked for two years without any room for adjustments. He’s now playing Tennis and counting the remaining days. He sold hunting and fishing licenses at the marina where he worked this past summer. He went into the system just to see if he could even buy a hunting license. It blocked him.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The best time to kill one is when you see it

61 - 80 of 145 Posts