Arkansas Hunting banner
41 - 60 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
I personally have never had any points due to the fact I try to follow the regulations. No I am not a "boot licker" but the law is the law and I was taught that if you follow the law, even if you don't agree with it, you will come out on the better end. Like some others said, you did the crime now you do the time. That is what I always taught my kids.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
I been through one, there was 3 WL officers, 1 being the captain, they were just normal guys, got a hunting out of season ticket($1100), went to the hearing, plead my case, which I didn't really have a good one, shot a deer with a .22, two days before gun season, they asked me why, and if I was planning on eating it (dumb question), asked if I learned my lesson, I said yes, so they suspended hunting license for a yr, let me keep my fishing license. Made me take the Hunters education class again. It was the first deer I ever shot with the wrong weapon (it was deer season), but thats how my luck goes, so I just abide by the law now, cheaper that way. Good luck chief, they put their pants on same as you I reckon, just go talk to them, all they can say is no. This was almost 25 yrs ago though.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
My nephew had a friend in high school that was caught spotlighting . He had some sort of hearing and went from losing all hunting privileges for 3 years to 1 year plus his fine . I don’t know how much the fine was but I’m sure it was high

·
Registered
15,853 Posts
I figure everyone has bent the rules at one time or another. Don't make it right, but it is human nature. Anyone here ever killed a snake? Sounds like you paid your due, good luck as you move forward on the straight and narrow.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No offense intended but you are the person the laws are aimed at. You broke the law knowing what you did was illegal. Now choke down the punishment.

·
Premium Member
15,195 Posts
@HunterJustice
I'm curious as to how you'd argue for a reduction I your suspension? What could you possibly offer to get a judge to reverse or alter a sentence already handed down? Time for wheeling and dealing was at trial. I can't fathom there actually being something you could say now to change the already adjudicated sentence.

41 - 60 of 145 Posts