Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Yup a lot of folks have a slick film applied to the bottoms of these flat mud boats to slide over obstacles, on top of weeds and grass, and over logs and even dry ground when needed. Ha just gotta watch unhooking the boat backing down the ramp.

I started with a mud buddy 23. Kept breaking belts. Mud buddy finally quit warranting them. Left me hanging. Glenn told me that it must be my fault. Dropped it off at a dealer a few hundred miles away and they said it was a tension problem and bought the motor. It had 8 belts replaced in 9 hour. I bought a godevil sd 23. Loved it minus no neutral. Didn't feel safe having prop always spinning while it was on. I sold it and bought a pro drive absolutely great. Customer service great didn't need reverse much but when I did it was worth every bit. The motor ran better with slick bottom boat

I have a 35hp go devil surface drive. I love it except for no neutral. I do have one question- when you use the reverse on a mud motor does it not soak you?
The prodrive reverse completely turns the lower unit around, so you have full power reverse to get you out of tight spots. In this position the prop is pointed down the whole time. On MB, keep the prop in the water.

All the ones I know with power tilt/trim kick up easy. The motors are made to kick up if they hit something. It's not like an outboard with tilt/trim. Only 2 brands have reverse prodrive and gatortail. The prodrive works like described above but the gatortail works like an outboard where the prop spins in the opposite direction. It's best to have a hunt deck type boat if you have a gatortail to keep from getting the boat wet. If you had a gatortail on a regular transom you could get water in the boat if you gave it a lot of gas running in reverse. With a hunt deck on the back of the boat it takes care of that problem. You trim the motor down so the prop is under water when using reverse but it still moves alot of water toward the boat.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.