Arkansas Hunting banner

Surface drive motors?

16K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  Grice 
Thanks for the info guys. I'm not worried bout speed, as long as I'm going round mid 20s I'm good. I was mainly worried about how reliable the motors are. I'm looking at ta pro drive boat or the excel f4. Do any of you have one, and what do think.
Talking specifically boats, I've been around a lot of Pro Drives. IMO stay at or under 54" whether it's an 18' or 17'. I've put some time in on a 1760 and that is just too much surface area. Just need to decide what kind of chime you want. They're great boats and take a beating. I've heard good things about the excels mud boats but haven't been in one. I've spent a lot of time in Go-Devils as well, I'd take a pro drive any day.

Yup a lot of folks have a slick film applied to the bottoms of these flat mud boats to slide over obstacles, on top of weeds and grass, and over logs and even dry ground when needed. Ha just gotta watch unhooking the boat backing down the ramp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.