Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, there are a couple of us going to Perdido key in a couple weeks and I just found out that I am going to be able to get my hands on several rods for surf fishing. Now the questions start - - - morning mostly fishing, what can we expect to catch, how to catch it, and what can woe do with most of it? I have heard the salt water catfish are bad news and have a lot of bacteria and very little meat. This is mostly for fun, but if we can eat something, all the better. ANY advice is appreciated. I have been offshre fishing several times, but really never done the surf fishing, is it as simple as pond bank fishing and hang on for the big one expecting little 1-2 pound anythings???

Oh, and what kind of hooks and stuff do I need? I figure we will go see a little bait shop and get the shrimp and squid or whatever is working that week best when we go get the license, but is there anything aI can get here, or use bass stuff?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We stay in the Grand Carribean condos. They are pretty nice, not the high rise, have grills out back and have met some pretty good folks down there. This will be about our 7th trip to the same condos, when we lived in La we went more often and actually they started putting us in the ones for sale every year. This time we are going with 3 other couples, a total of 13 big and small kids and rednecks all around. Monsterman is one of them. Just kind of ended up with these rods, so we will see what happens. This trip we are playing golf down there, maybe next year we take the charter boat for the day. The boys should be old enough not to get too bored next year. Thanks for the advice and keep it coming. I have 29 days to learn everythign i can about it, then the brain will dump for a solid week!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.