Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the main part of my plot planted today. disced in 600 lbs of #200 lime and 600 lbs of pelletized chicken litter today. Then planted 700 lbs of soybeans, 4 lbs of turnips, and 4 lbs of chicory. If it'll rain like it's supposed to then I'll be good to go. It'll probably then turn off hot as heck the entire month of sept. but I don't have much choice since I start a new job on the 8th and won't have the time to work up my plots. If it'll just stay cooler like it is and rain once or twice a week! Wishfull thinking!:smack:

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,107 Posts
When you do a rain dance for your plots, dance a little jig for mine, too. Me and my little girl planted ours yesterday. Clover, chicory, alfalfa, and turnips. This cooler weather may have caused me to jump the gun a little. I hope this weather pattern continues.

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
Sarted before 0430 here this morning...0430 is when it woke me up...been coming down steady eversince...slacked off quite a bit now, to almost a drizzle..gotta hurry and run ourt and do a job, before the bottom falls out again:smack:

according to our radar........there's more coming up outta Texas!!!

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
I went out today, and found some good things and some bad things. The good thing, someone had already bush hogged the trail through the property! :up:The bad part, where I wanted my food plot has grown so much, it was over my head. I took the riding lawnmower to it, and mowed all I could. I also got some tree cut, until my chain popped off. AS it stands right now, I only have about a 25% chance to get it planted. I got one place mowed that I am going to put throw and grow on, but did not get it limed. I may just chance it and put some throw and grow with no lime this year. The other place, IF I can get it tilled and planted, it's only going to be about 1/3 the size I was planning on. Good news, if I can clear out one little thicket it will make it 1/3 bigger. I think I will just thin the area out, and have a smaller than planned food plot. Oh yeah, it sprinkled on me but no real rain. The creek was WAY low too, which is unusual for this time of year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.