Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2006 Turkey Team Contest Winner<
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took our new dog out Sunday and bayed some hogs!!! SeaArk she is a dog!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Glad you like her. I wish I could have kept her myself. I was on Big Island this weekend & could have used her. We caught 4, but those Hogs run like deer. I could have used another Dog or 2 with some stopping power........

·
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's a great dog. I've been watching her on the GPS and she hunts hard and move fasts. She never put her mouth on any hog until the catch dogs caught.
She also hunts great at night.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Nice pig and it was a great day to go. The weather was really nice. I kept waiting to hear mighty call of the "Thunder Chicken" Friday but never did. Looks like you guys were busy.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
She's a great dog. I've been watching her on the GPS and she hunts hard and move fasts. She never put her mouth on any hog until the catch dogs caught.
She also hunts great at night.:thumb:

Are you using a GPS unit ?? I'm thinking about getting one myself. But would like to know more about them...........

·
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you using a GPS unit ?? I'm thinking about getting one myself. But would like to know more about them...........
Yes they are very nice. It will show you all the roads and creeks. You can see where your dogs are at all times. It will tell you when your dogs are bayed, the path they took, the path you are taking, how far they are away and a whole lot more.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Yes they are very nice. It will show you all the roads and creeks. You can see where your dogs are at all times. It will tell you when your dogs are bayed, the path they took, the path you are taking, how far they are away and a whole lot more.

Do you have collars for it or do you have the Harness thingy ? ? ? ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got me one of those gps collars myself, and i understand you guys are running yours on your cut collars. I used mine for the first time this weekend and had a problem with my collar slipping down around the dogs neck. i wasnt using the cut collar. i am going to counter balance mine to make it stay pointed up, but i really like the system. you can go straight to the bay and it tells you exactly how far it is to get there. very impressive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts