Summer vacation

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Hēlim, May 18, 2017.

1. Hēlim

Hēlim Well-Known Member

After working everyday last summer, I made sure I would get a week off this summer. School got out yesterday and I'm spending a full week on Degray before heading back. Today was the the first day. We caught a lot of fish. We kept 2 limits of walleye. We also caught multiple limits of bass and a few hybrids. The biggest 5 bass would go between 10-12 lbs. I thought I would find the fish schooling this morning, but I was very wrong. We caught 90% of our fish this morning from and area about the size of a school bus. I hope they eat like that the rest of the week.
    IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0881.JPG

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    44, ZXJones, JB Weld and 4 others like this.
  2. young

young Well-Known Member

3. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member

I wonder how many folks in AR have caught a two man limit of walleyes?

44 and brushcreek like this.
  4. y hunt

y hunt Super Moderator Staff Member

I thought 6 was the limit. How and what did you catch the walleye on? That is going to make for some fine eating congrads on a nice catch.

5. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

Where are y'all camped at and what time will supper be ready?

6. Hēlim

Hēlim Well-Known Member

I think you are right. We released 3-4 smaller ones yesterday thinking it was 5.

I released another 3 smaller ones this morning.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  7. Hēlim

Hēlim Well-Known Member

IMG_0891.JPG These are from this morning.

8. y hunt

y hunt Super Moderator Staff Member

You are killing me. I have been working on a project and no time to fish this spring. I think I will finish it this weekend or next week. Are you catching them on crank baits?

9. Hēlim

Hēlim Well-Known Member

Majority on jerkbaits. 4-5 came from a keitech swim bait.

10. Hēlim

Hēlim Well-Known Member

Slower day today. We didn't get started til noon. It was storming like crazy this morning. Still managed 5 walleye and 10 or so bass. It was a lot slower action.

11. Hēlim

Hēlim Well-Known Member

Haven't been taking a lot of pictures because we have been throwing most of the fish back, but the bass are biting pretty good. I have had a limit almost every morning and every afternoon this week. They are hammering the buzz baits. I have been through three in the last two days. Aggressive bass and thick grass reek havoc on the buzz bait prop.

JR1 likes this.
  12. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member

Good problem to have.

13. Hēlim

Hēlim Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByArkansas Hunting1495833008.975425.jpg

The bite was on this morning. Cloudy and windy. I caught 15-20 my self. The biggest that I got in was around four. I lost a giant. It wrapped and a piece of buck brush and pulled off before I could get up to it. I got to see it jump a couple times before it pulled off.

Rookieshot likes this.