Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Member<br>2009 Predator Contest Winner
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up yesterday with a friend to a place that we had heard several birds last week. Wind was still and temp. was brisk. We just knew they would crank up at daylight. Man were we surpised. Heard one bird all the way back toward the truck. He would gobble just enough to mess with us, but not enough to pinpoint. As we were trying to locate this bird, another started but only gobbled about every fifteen minutes and was a long way off..... made it back to the truck and was about to give it up and go to work. He made a mistake and hit it again as we were loading up. Guessed him to be about three hundred yards up the ridge. Made it about half way up and waited. Calling sparingly trying to provoke one more gobble to locate him. Next time he gobble he was probably 150 yards. Seen another hen just running through the woods from his direction. My guess was the he had just bred her and she was headed to the nest? Bad setup with the camera because of a big tree but you will get the idea of why I called him the suicide turkey! My buddy got to watch him gobble and stut, then come running down the hill. I only got the last part on film.

·
Member<br>2009 Predator Contest Winner
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can't say that I have ever had a bird that has come in that fast. Kinda weird ran half way down the hill then stop to pick- raised his head and then ran in the other half. My friend thought he was about to run past him. Don't know if you can see it being compressed, but he runs over couple of bushes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.