Arkansas Hunting banner

Striper Pics!!!

8K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  flydown 
#1 ·
This is a pic of my brother loading up in the BEST truck in the World...

This is me bowed up on the first fish of the trip..(we drew straws on who goes first)...

This is the fish....11lbs. 4 oz...

This was the biggest of the trip...12lbs and some change..

Different Fish..

See less See more
#8 ·
I see the lake is still down quite a bit. That condition creates some really good fishing this time of the year. Also Smith Lake is rated as one of the cleanest lakes in the U.S. and therefore produces some really good eating fish.

My best Stripper fish catch in Smith was 23 lbs in Clear Creek.

My most memorable striper was 18.5 lbs and I caught it on a crappie jig using 6 lb line. I caught it in Brushy Creek and when I finally got it in there six boats that were stopped to watch the action.

I hope to make a trip over there this spring to crappie fish with my grandkids. They live at Arley, Al.

Congratulations on your catch and thanks for sharing the photographs. :thumb:

#11 ·
I see the lake is still down quite a bit. That condition creates some really good fishing this time of the year. Also Smith Lake is rated as one of the cleanest lakes in the U.S. and therefore produces some really good eating fish.

My best Stripper fish catch in Smith was 23 lbs in Clear Creek.

My most memorable striper was 18.5 lbs and I caught it on a crappie jig using 6 lb line. I caught it in Brushy Creek and when I finally got it in there six boats that were stopped to watch the action.

I hope to make a trip over there this spring to crappie fish with my grandkids. They live at Arley, Al.

Congratulations on your catch and thanks for sharing the photographs. :thumb:
Was hoping to get on some of those 20Lb plus, but it just did not work out..:frown: I know they are in there...Beautiful lake clean water, but it's still down 13ft..Going back in about a month....:thumb:

#19 ·
Nice pics. A few of those seem to be hybrids. I saw where you said yall were trolling. Trolling catches fish. I am a firm believer in it.

Good job on the fish. Eat well.

#21 ·
Great fun to catch those ole stripers. It's big business up my way.

However, I would rather eat tire rubber than striper! Yuck! Growing up on Lake Norfork, we always chuncked those things back in and hoped for something decent. I had to re-read Wes's post just to make sure my ole eyes weren't fooling me! But I suppose that's just my hillbilly opinion, and not anyone else's.

Beautiful lake and it looks like you had fun. It is fun to hook a stiper because the fight is on!

Amy

#22 ·
Great fun to catch those ole stripers. It's big business up my way.

However, I would rather eat tire rubber than striper! Yuck! Growing up on Lake Norfork, we always chuncked those things back in and hoped for something decent. I had to re-read Wes's post just to make sure my ole eyes weren't fooling me! But I suppose that's just my hillbilly opinion, and not anyone else's.

Beautiful lake and it looks like you had fun. It is fun to hook a stiper because the fight is on!

Amy
If your real fish hungry they are edible. We have filleted them , removed the red meat , soaked in salt water. Cut them into smaller peices and fry like most other fish. But can't say I'd eat many as long as I catch plenty of Crappie and Catfish.:thumb: I've eaten much worse fish once , Grinnel or what some folks call Bowfin or Cypress Trout!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.