Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the string loop supposed to be in line with my arrow rest, i hung my bow from the bow string and it balanced about 2 inches below my string loop, which makes me think it krept up :smack::confused::confused:

· Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
Well your balance point will be a little different and it may not be where the middle of your string is. You have to remember that things such as sights, rest, and all those attachemnts are going to throw off the balance point. Plus if it's a single cam bow, one cam will weigh more than the other one. Balance point and middle of something do not always correspond. You need to get a bow square and use it to make sure the loop is square with the rest. :up:

· Premium Member
18,386 Posts
Perfectly square may not be perfect for tuning either. I know that when I am at full draw my arrow actually has a very slight, 3 degree possibly, downward angle from string to broadhead.

You'll see the adjustments needed as you paper tune. But square is not a bad place to start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.