strange light in the sky today

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by huntingdx, Dec 17, 2012.

1. huntingdx

huntingdx Well-Known Member

I arrived at hobbs wma at around 6 am for some scouting since im new to this area ... it was pitch black so i decided to stay inside my car till more light came out ... as i waited for more daylight i saw a orange light in the distance over beaver lake it appeared to be moving but it disappeared into the trees ... if it was a plane i would have heard it since it was extremely quite at that time of day ... i didn't think much of it till now since i tend to do most of my thinking while trying to sleep lol ...

anyways anyone ever seen strange things while out hunting ?

2. cacheman

cacheman Well-Known Member

Texas
    there was a meteorite shower over the weekend, maybe you saw a meteor or shooting star.

3. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Sasquatch Bon fire..... Sometimes they party late into the night. Go on over there and look for some beef jerky wrappers.

4. Ktalbertfirefighter

Ktalbertfirefighter Well-Known Member

Its the Mayans gathering together to get us this coming weekend

5. rp224

rp224 Well-Known Member

Weather Babboon???

6. Arkansas Archer

Arkansas Archer Well-Known Member

You got a picture of this so called weather babboon...;)

7. huntingdx

huntingdx Well-Known Member

i had a picture but the fbi confiscated my camera ;)

8. Arkansas Archer

Arkansas Archer Well-Known Member

I hate when that happens!

9. neotoxo

neotoxo Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner

Years ago a buddy and I were camping up in the Piney Creek WMA during deer season.

We came in from the hunt one evening and started a fire and working on supper when he says check out that camp fire on the ridge over there.

Sure enough we thought some other campers were tending a fire like we were...well we continued on and a few minutes later he says "Wow, they are
    really loading the wood on over there"... and yes it began to look like they were building a bond fire.

We keep an eye on it and it just kept getting bigger and brighter by the minute...so much so that we were discussing riding out to the store in Pelsor and calling
    the Forestry Fire Fighters out. :eek:

Just as we were about convince that the entire ridge was aflame...we realized we had been watching the rise of a hunters moon topping the ridge.

Felt a little stupid but relieved that it wasn't a forest fire...:smack:

10. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I've had a number of ballons land on my place...most are like birthday balloons but others have been weird. Don't know why so many land here.

11. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

Squatch party area most likely.

12. QuarterBore

QuarterBore Well-Known Member

Chemtrail fire. Sometimes all that flammable mind control stuff catches a spark and.....WHOOOOSH! Top Secret flash fire!

13. AF2007

AF2007 Well-Known Member

booger lit a fart a'blaze