Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of stogers? I know they are made by benelli, but how do they compare to benelli? I know the price tag is really nice. But I don't wanna buy junk. Give me some opinions and what models do y'all prefer?

· Premium Member
17,138 Posts
I have a 2000 in max4d.Always worked good except for some remmy shells it wouldn't shoot once.
The primers seemed really hard on those shells.Other than that its been very good.
The parts look exactly the same as a benelli,It stays clean while shooting just like a benelli.

· Registered
748 Posts
Gotta 2000 myself picked up for 500 from academy. Buddy has a 3500 from ft Thompson I think he paid 700 or around that nice guns never had a problem yet. Been running cheap Winchesters and the Feds blue box 9.99 job from ft Thomson no problems and his gun swam sat and Sunday was shooting just fine again. So I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. Both are in max4 and they are good looking guns too.

Posted via Tapatalk

· Registered
98 Posts
Got a 2000 about 5 years ago, had some problems shooting at high flying ducks and pheasants, researched a little bit and ran two boxes of high brass through it as fast as I could an have never had a problem again. Would get another right now if I needed another twelve.

· Registered
171 Posts
Bought a 2000 about five years ago. Had one issue, sent it back to the factory, got it back and it's performed flawlessly! Most of the time I use my SBE, but two years ago I used the 2000 all season hunting flooded timber, and it shoots just as good as the SBE. I've heard some negative reports, but maybe I just got a good one!

Magnum Force

· Registered
411 Posts
Don't listen to anybody that comes on this thread or any other and bashes the stoegers. They are just pissed they spent so much money on a gun and there could be something half price that performs the same. Just like any brand you may have a few duds but these guns are a great value and perform on par with the $1000+ guns. And yes they aren't as "refined" as the more expensive ones but I ain't buying a gun for aesthetics I'm looking to kill ducks. For the budget minded hunter the 3500 gun is legit.

The one thing you won't get with the stoegers that the expensive ones come with is an effective recoil reduction system. The heavy weight in the stock the 3500's come with doesn't help a whole lot. But I'm 6'4" and weigh 250 lbs so the recoil doesn't get to me as bad as other guys.

· Registered
220 Posts
The stoger is the entry price point interia gun in the benelli line followed by Franchi and then Benelli. The stoger uses cheaper parts than the other two guns and has a slightly different design. It doesn't have a recoil spring in the butt stock but a spring around the magazine tube. It has the interia drive but the bolt is made out of cheaper material compared to benelli. I'm sure most stogers work fine and are a good choice if you don't want to pay Benelli price. My dad has a 2000 but it wouldn't cycle shells right. I tore it down and cleaned and oiled it real good and it still messed up. His was a fairly new gun too when it started doing this. My SBE2 isn't perfect either and I have never had an auto loaded that is perfect, but I stick with the interia guns because they are light, easy to clean, and easy to maintain.

· Registered
195 Posts
I've been shooting a Stoeger 2000 since the middle of last season after my Remington broke. It points great. Had 1 misfire and 1 shell that failed to eject. Both of these times could have been my fault.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.