Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else see this stuff? It's basically plastic fencing that you can roll out and attach to trees to force deer to funnel past your stand. "Hunt like the pros with Steer-a-Deer." Honestly, if the pros hunt like this I'll stay an amateur.

What will they try to sell next? Tom Miranda endorses it.

:banghead:

I can't believe people actually buy stuff like this. IMO, if you want to shoot an animal in a corral with fencing just go pop you a bull that's about to get loaded in a tractor trailer.

http://steeradeer.com/

BTW, hunting natural funnels is not the same as putting up fences to steer a deer and "funnel" them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I saw that too. It's starting to get ridiculous on some of these tactics they are selling and products that are hitting the shelves. I think the real steer a deer is in SEA trying to keep from hitting one with your car.

·
Premium Member
17,823 Posts
Stan Potts voice was enough to turn me off of it.

Cool concept I guess, but good grief! What is hunting becoming?

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
You all ever wondered how these folks are able to carry all the stuff they say they use to the woods? Maybe they are super human but for me, my basic stuff is a load. These guys appear to be hauling in the entire store with them and up a tree.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Well no doubt this could be used effectively but just the thought of this is what hunting has came to seems to turn me off . I am sure the WMA's will have to make a rule no steer a deer or the refuge will be lined with the stuff. Crazy world we live in ....

·
Registered
37,832 Posts
Hunters are really pretty gullible folks. They'll spend a fortune on crap like this and persimmon flavored corn, all in an attempt to increase their chances at a giant buck like they are some sort of magic bullet. They'll also believe the insurance driven dnr's across the country when they tell them if they kill more and more does they'll see more and more bucks.

Use your heads guys!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Not a new concept. I have read that the american indians used this very tactic with brush. Of course they were hunting to live. I've also send people use barriers such as trees etc to force deer to enter a food plot at certain spots. I remember when tree stands were a new idea. We used to scout for sign and sit down by a tree and wait. Wore blue jeans and a red flannel shirt. No scent control or other things to attract deer except maybe dumping out apples from the yard......It used to be so simple.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
I was able to hunt on Davis Island in MS many years ago. One of the old aunts would come and hunt once a year. They would put out a recliner for her at her stand in one of the larger patches of woods. Then they would take rolls of toilet paper and roll out a fence in the woods about 3 feet off the ground from field to field in the shape of a funnel.
She would sit in the gap and the young men would line up and drive the deer toward her. They said she piled them up and most of the deer would run through the gap.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I was able to hunt on Davis Island in MS many years ago. One of the old aunts would come and hunt once a year. They would put out a recliner for her at her stand in one of the larger patches of woods. Then they would take rolls of toilet paper and roll out a fence in the woods about 3 feet off the ground from field to field in the shape of a funnel.
She would sit in the gap and the young men would line up and drive the deer toward her. They said she piled them up and most of the deer would run through the gap.
i was told the same thing by an old man to. he also said just build a fire and they will come running.

·
Registered
7,123 Posts
The "pros" don't hunt real woods and don't live a real life when it comes to deer hunting like the average guy. I enjoy the challenge of making educated guesses about where the deer are gonna be coming out. Not funneling them with construction fence.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.