Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my younger brother a youth bow from academy for his birthday in November because he had been asking me to teach him to shoot :clap: My first thought was to get him the PSE Ranger (which I should have done) but he saw the youth Barnett bow and somehow wanted it so I said you want it you got it. We get home and take it out the box and I see the string is torqued way off and is nowhere near inline with the rest. I call the factory to set up a return explaining the problem which they say they are aware of :confused: and I could send it back which was fine at no point in time did they say no refunds of money would be given. Two weeks later I receive I box and im thinkin aren't checks mailed in envelopes :head: I open the box and its another bow and to top it off NOT EVEN the type iI originally purchased they sent a cheaper version. So now Im going back though the motions trying to get this settled I talked to one rep who was very helpful in getting things set up atleast I thought until I couldn't reach her at her extension the next day or four after. So I called this morning and amazingly someone answered I explained the problem and how I did not need any bow from them and was out of $80 through all of this time. And I was told that no money would be given back I said ok well what all can you offer me to make up the difference (As I was attempting to be reasonable) the response was arrows I said how are arrows gonna make up that difference she said they are $25 a box I said maam I shoot a compound bow and I need full length arrows her next reply is what killed me she said well i've done all I can you can call back at the first of the month and somebody will be here to help you. This is totally outrageous a fully functioning "company" that has only two people that can handle customer service issues. She then "attempted" to transfer me to her boss and I heard the dial tone I IMMEDIATELY called back to hear her laugh about it before speaking to the next guy I told him the story and how you can't return archery equipment at my place of purchase he gave me the whole supply and demand mumbo jumbo before telling me he could send a replacement (which I still don't need) and he would send me 10 extra arrows. I appreciate his effort but that entire company has and will forever leave a sour taste in my mouth!!:banghead:

· Registered
981 Posts
The thing that has always made me shy away from Barnett, every other bow manufacturer in the world gives you a lifetime warranty (usually first owner), but Barnett is a one year warranty only. Always made me sit back and wonder why... which prevented me from ever touching their stuff.

· Registered
5,565 Posts
First crossbow I bought, Barnett. It didn't even have all the parts in the box. I kept the red dot and returned it immediately. Figured I would keep something for my time. Got my money back and bought a horten summit 150. Best bang for the buck! Anyone need a Barnett red dot scope : )

· Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
2,392 Posts
Hey, you should visit your local Academy and explain the situation. I personally work behind the gun bar, and they are very good about doing everything they can to make a situation correct. They more than likely won't refund the money, but maybe they can offer some other sort of deal to satisfy your need. Worth a shot...

2,392 Posts
The thing that has always made me shy away from Barnett, every other bow manufacturer in the world gives you a lifetime warranty (usually first owner), but Barnett is a one year warranty only. Always made me sit back and wonder why... which prevented me from ever touching their stuff.
Untrue. Even Ten Point doesn't offer a full lifetime on their bows. Some parts are lifetime, but most carry a 10 year warranty last time I looked.

2,392 Posts
Hmm, maybe what I read was wrong. But when I checked about a month ago, it said lifetime on certain parts. Not everything. I'm not sure on what exact parts it said.

EDITED: Even I was wrong..LIMITED LIFETIME OPERATIONAL WARRANTY
Subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, TenPoint Crossbow Technologies,® guarantees its crossbows against defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the ORIGINAL OWNER.

1. The purchaser must activate the warranty by completing and mailing the warranty card included with the crossbow within 30 days of the purchase date. TenPoint Crossbow Technologies reserves the right to charge for warranty repairs if the warranty has not been activated.

2. Our obligation is limited to the repair or replacement of the defective part or parts once the warranty is activated. Parts determined to be unsafe will not be returned with the repaired crossbow.

3. Any defect must adversely affect the operation of the crossbow.

4. The warranty excludes strings and cables and damage resulting from abuse, neglect, and rust.

5. The bow limbs are guaranteed against defects in workmanship and material for five years from the date of purchase. The main thing they should Warrant is only 5 years.

2,392 Posts
It sounds a lot better saying lifetime. Yet that word ''LIMITED is the one everyone forgets to tell you before you purchase...:thumb:

However, I'm sure their customer service is very good, and they may take care of a lot of repairs they don't ''cover under warranty'' to keep a loyal customer.

· Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, you should visit your local Academy and explain the situation. I personally work behind the gun bar, and they are very good about doing everything they can to make a situation correct. They more than likely won't refund the money, but maybe they can offer some other sort of deal to satisfy your need. Worth a shot...
I sure am going to try it I spend ample money in academy any way so even store credit would be better than the run around i've received from Barnett I won't be surprised if the replacements they are sending me have the same issue

· Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,649 Posts
Only Barnett I ever owned broke the limb while sighting it in. Cheap 150lb fiberglass recurved. I tried to get a replacement limb....no dice. That was in the 70s. I found a nice Hank Thompson steel limb, shaped like a shallow "u" and put it in there. That thing shot circles around any others of that time period. One of my buddies got tired of me killin' all his bucks before gun season, and bought it from me. ROFLMBO :razz:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.