Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't think it's BM they are trying to get under control. Racing there is basically over.....I'd guess they are about to take the BM enforcement practices to other wmas. Which is what they should do if they are concerned with racing and not worry about HP at all. We should all be able to run 4 stroke 50's instead of having to run 20+ year old 3 cylinders to have a motor with guts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Don't think it's BM they are trying to get under control. Racing there is basically over.....I'd guess they are about to take the BM enforcement practices to other wmas. Which is what they should do if they are concerned with racing and not worry about HP at all. We should all be able to run 4 stroke 50's instead of having to run 20+ year old 3 cylinders to have a motor with guts
I hunted 1 wma this year about 5 times. This is a popular place that people talk about on here all the time. I was the only boat at the ramp every time except once. I doubt they need the “BM enforcement” there haha

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
This needed to happen,I understand modded 25s are really 40s but think of the idea that they didn’t implement 25s statewide.So now with some WMAs standing at 50HP restrictions guess what got modded........YEP 50HPs that run high 50s and even low 60s.So let’s do that and throw a 90HP on a duck boat so we can get the hole and endanger ourselves and everyone else we have to meet or pass.

·
Grand Member
10,885 Posts
I learned to slalom ski behind a16 foot monark Jon boat with an 18 horse evinrude. The ski was an old one that was wide and long for lower horsepower boats
That's the exact rig my Dad always had and we skied behind it. In 1960's that was just about the biggest boat and motor you would see on Greers Ferry Lake.

·
Registered
292 Posts
This would be classic government at work. Boat wreck this year on an nwr= let’s change boating regs on wmas. I can see this being like restricter plates in nascar. Cause more wrecks because everyone is bunched up going the same speed.

Enough regs. If people want to be stupid and drive welded beer cans at excessive speeds, let ‘em.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I learned to slalom ski behind a16 foot monark Jon boat with an 18 horse evinrude. The ski was an old one that was wide and long for lower horsepower boats
My grandfather said that they would sit on the bow of one boat with the ski rope tied to the back of another. Once they got up to full speed and got the rope taught, the driver would cut power to the rear boat and off you went to skiing. There’s no telling how many kids he taught how to ski. He taught me how to slalom behind a party barge with a 90hp on the Arkansas River on an old wooden Bronco ski.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts