Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down with Starbucks
> Guess I won't be drinking Starbucks anymore! ! !
>
> Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because
> they wanted to
> let them know how much they liked their coffees and
> to request that they
> send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks
> replied, telling the
> Marines
> thank you for their support of their business, but
> that Starbucks does
> not
> support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they
> would not send the
> troops
> their
> brand of coffee.
>
> So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not
> support them by
> buying any of their products! I feel we should get
> this out in the open.
> I
> know this war might not be very popular with some
> folks, but that
> doesn't
> mean we don't support the boys on the ground
> fighting street -to-street
> and
> house-to-house.
>
> If you feel the same as I do then pass this along,
> or you can
> discard it and no one will ne ver know.
> Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all
> be there again when
> I
> deploy once more.
>
> Semper Fidelis.
> Sgt. Howard C. Wright
> 1st Force Recon Co
> 1st Plt PLT

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,594 Posts
I never cease to be amazed at how willing so many folks seem to be to jump on a hysteria bandwagon with ZERO evidence.

AS posted above by MrChitlin - it is a hoax that is targeted at Starbucks (I read that one a couple of years ago), that has recently been reworded by just substituting Oscar Mayer in place of Starbucks... BOTH accusations are FALSE.

If you don't like Starbucks - that is fine and your free choice. But spreading false rumors with intent to cause harm....I think that is called defamation...

Just read the whole article at Snopes- Snopes

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,789 Posts
I don't know what the big deal with starbucks is anyway, I already start seeing things after three normal cups of coffee....but then, I reckon I'm gettin a might too old for the power drugs!:smokin: :fear:

·
Banned
7,034 Posts
Uhm...The only coffee sent to us while in Iraq last year was Starbucks!

Poor guy, I bet you couldnt wait to get home and have some real coffee like folgers or community.

Give me a cup of truckstop coffee any day over starbucks.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
I smelled a rat as soon as I read it. You cannot believe anything in an email anymore :smack: A starbucks rep or a rep from any respectable organization or business that was stupid enough to say "we don't support the war or anyone in it" would be fired so fast their head would spin regardless of whether or not the company actually supported the war or not. These emails are getting ridiculous.

·
Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br
11,495 Posts
I smelled a rat as soon as I read it. You cannot believe anything in an email anymore :smack: A starbucks rep or a rep from any respectable organization or business that was stupid enough to say "we don't support the war or anyone in it" would be fired so fast their head would spin regardless of whether or not the company actually supported the war or not. These emails are getting ridiculous.
I hate the ones that say if you want to get into heaven forward this to 10 people in the next _____ minuets. Or if you don't forward this to ______ people in the next _______ minuets something bad will happen to you or someone that you love.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts