Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gonna go scout out this wma this weekend. Does anyone have tips where I should start? I know they flood it a certain amount during hunting season for ducks. But I couldn't find any maps that show what gets flooded. Dont know if certain parts or more hunted than others. That sort of thing. Basically going in blind and any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I was gonna go scout out this wma this weekend. Does anyone have tips where I should start? I know they flood it a certain amount during hunting season for ducks. But I couldn't find any maps that show what gets flooded. Dont know if certain parts or more hunted than others. That sort of thing. Basically going in blind and any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.
I'll send you a PM here shortly.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
If it’s anything like Wapanocca I’ve had more fun sleeping in and watching sponge bob all day

·
Registered
19,410 Posts
Better go ahead and make an appointment with the Doc for a blood transfusion after your scouting trip in July and certainly take about 6 bottles of anti-venom. Take a strong GPS and 3 compasses for back up and put Air-Vac on speed dial. Wait, scratch the speed dial, there's hardly any signal within the levies with heavy foliage in most spots. Start at Cambell MO and work your way down to Marked Tree. But seriously, very small numbers in deer, yes there are a few on it, here and there. The whole thing flooded in April including islands so most old sign will be mudded over if you even find any sign. I would probably take a boat and start from there. Walk in areas are sparse and of course, used heavily during the season.

Welcome to the forum and good luck on scouting.

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
4,176 Posts
Where are you coming from? There are some good areas, but sometimes the deer hunting can be slow. It just depends on if you find the sweet spot, and the time of year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts