Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever hunted off the interstate 555 going to Memphis. Always drive by and never see any vehicles. Have hunted on the other side by Hatchicoon but not up this far. Just curious.

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
I know some folks that hunt out there.

They say they're going to stop folks from parking on the interstate, but there will eventually be a new road behind the game and fish shop on the east side north of the interstate. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know some folks that hunt out there.

They say they're going to stop folks from parking on the interstate, but there will eventually be a new road behind the game and fish shop on the east side north of the interstate. :thumb:
Dodgeman they ever do any good?

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
I know of some that have killed some good ones out of there, but in the last few years, either the deer numbers are down or the food isn't there anymore?

·
Registered
225 Posts
i have hunted the south side of 63, seen a lot of deer but no good bucks,
its pretty hard to hunt beause of lack of timber. but its thick so guess a blind
would be good, traffic noise is horable good luck if you try. remeber they cross the highway under the bridges.:biggrin:
map

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have hunted the south side of 63, seen a lot of deer but no good bucks,
its pretty hard to hunt beause of lack of timber. but its thick so guess a blind
would be good, traffic noise is horable good luck if you try. remeber they cross the highway under the bridges.:biggrin:
map
Any trees climbable at all off the intersate if you walk in a bit?

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
There are a few along the ditches, but out in the new trees it would be tough to find one to climb, but some are big enough for a ladder stand.

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
There are a few along the ditches, but out in the new trees it would be tough to find one to climb, but some are big enough for a ladder stand.
I have looked into hunting here also, but like the others said, there are not very many decent sized trees for a climber. It should hold some deer as it is pretty thick and growed up and that is about the only cover around all those farm fields. There in there for sure:wink:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have looked into hunting here also, but like the others said, there are not very many decent sized trees for a climber. It should hold some deer as it is pretty thick and growed up and that is about the only cover around all those farm fields. There in there for sure:wink:
What i was thinking as well. They have to coming in to those fields at dark.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts