SR9c..good, bad

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by timv, Dec 21, 2010.

1. timv

timv Well-Known Member

Anyone bought one? Whats your opinion.

2. demented

demented Well-Known Member

To be quite honest, as long as there are Glocks, Springfield XD's, S&W M&P's.... well a Ruger is waaay down my list. They may well be fine now but a friend got stuck during the recall on these for six months with a pistol Ruger said not to use for safety reasons, waiting for his turn to get his fixed. Research and development on the run at customers expense is not good business and not something that would help my decision to buy. Just MY opinion, others may vary!

3. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    As much as I like Ruger handguns, and own my fair share of them, Ruger is plagued with recalls on their guns, specially their handguns. Once the kinks are worked out a Ruger will last several lifetimes.

The old joke is that every new Ruger comes with an extra box and mailing label to ship it back to the factory when it's recalled.

4. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

Ruger revolvers are top of the line , especially the single actions. The only Ruger auto I like is the Mark II , or possibly the Mark III if I had one.

5. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

I have a SR9c and I think it's the best shooting centerfire auto pistol that Ruger has ever made. You'll love it. :up:

6. timv

timv Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies.

7. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

go with the G26, your wont regret it.