Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,224 Posts
If that's what yer lookin for you can get it at Ft Thompson for about $30 - I called him and he would not sell to me because FT was so close - but go ahead and check or wait till Big Buck Classic and pay about $25 for it!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
FYI:

Reggie has both the red one, and one made out of stamped metal that has open notches at the top like MGDUCK was describing.

The one with the open notches works MUCH better. Reggie's not sure why, but Reggie's tree rats seem to slip out of the red metal one much easier.

For what it's worth.....

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Just cut them behind the tail through the B-hole, then step on the tail and pull them up by the back legs. The hide comes all the way up to the front legs. Now pull the hide up from the belly toward the back legs all the way to the back feet and cut off right behind the foot. Keep a hold of the back legs to complete the following steps. This leaves a little bit of hide with the back feet attached.

Pull each front leg through to the feet, without pulling the feet completely through. Now, cut them off right behind each foot, then cut off the head. All the time you are holding it by the back legs. This leaves the front feet, tail, and head attached by hide.

Now the squirrel is skinned. Gut him and he's ready to quarter or freeze whole. It's a simple and quick process that takes less than a minute to do.

Save the $25-30 bucks and buy shells.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
You fellers want to see a real squirrel skinning feller then you need to watch Boltaction47. All he uses is a pair of shears. I would guess that in 30 seconds he can have one ready to fry. And that is not an overstatement by any means.
Take care
Reb

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just cut them behind the tail through the B-hole, then step on the tail and pull them up by the back legs. The hide comes all the way up to the front legs. Now pull the hide up from the belly toward the back legs all the way to the back feet and cut off right behind the foot. Keep a hold of the back legs to complete the following steps. This leaves a little bit of hide with the back feet attached.

Pull each front leg through to the feet, without pulling the feet completely through. Now, cut them off right behind each foot, then cut off the head. All the time you are holding it by the back legs. This leaves the front feet, tail, and head attached by hide.

Now the squirrel is skinned. Gut him and he's ready to quarter or freeze whole. It's a simple and quick process that takes less than a minute to do.

Save the $25-30 bucks and buy shells.
I'm pretty familar with that process....:rolleyes: I'm also old and fat and that requires bending over! :biggrin: Plus I kill more than one squirrel when "I" go! :fit: You, on the other hand should hve no problem skinning your one squirrel in less than a minute.:fit:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.