Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I loaded up some 28ga ammo with some 5s. I have 5 bags of 4 shot. I loaded a few with 4's. But 4's wont drop down the tube on my mec jr 600 mark 5 28ga reloader very good. I thought the 4's would work better in the green leaves.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I loaded up some 28ga ammo with some 5s. I have 5 bags of 4 shot. I loaded a few with 4's. But 4's wont drop down the tube on my mec jr 600 mark 5 28ga reloader very good. I thought the 4's would work better in the green leaves.
Larger shot will bridge, the good thing is you are loading on a single stage. Just raise the lever a little and tap the handle on the side and then raise is a little more and try to bring it back down to 'feel' if the shot has dropped. Since you are not loading at a high volume just go slower and make sure the drops are complete.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I keep a small 7/16 wrench for my adjustments on reloader. I tap every time just to make sure. My mec 600 jr mark 5 410 3 inch reloader. It is a pain to try to load anything bigger than a 7.5. I did load a few boxes of 5's. But mostly 6's a few boxes of 8's. During trapping season i was seeing several covey of quail.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts