Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor told me about watching two large Fox squirrels fighting each other on the ground. One of the squirrels killed the other one and walked away somewhat bloody himself. I went with my neighbor to look at the dead squirrel and apparently the victor got him by the throat for the killing bite. Very interesting....I wish I had my camera.

Any of you folks seen two squirrels fight to the death? :thumb:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Never seen two squirrels fight to the death. Did get to watch a young falcon try and take a big ole fox squirrel on the ground......that ole squirrel kicked the falcons butt and just stayed there on the ground shaking his tail at him, asking him if he wanted more. The falcon tried a couple more swoops at him and every time the squirrel would meet him in the air and send the falcon back up in the tree. Pretty funny!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I have never seen two squirrels fight, but I have seen them run off a deer that got too close to the feeder while they were eating. It was one of those times when you wish you had a camera. This young deer came up to a feeder where several squirrels were eating. When he got too close the biggest squirrel ( who was setting on top of the feeder) jumped off onto the deers back. Well, the rodeo was on. I did not think I was going to make it back to the truck from laughing so hard.
Sportsmanetc

·
Registered
840 Posts
they fight all the time at my gf's condo. We have two feeders up for them and the birds and its a riot watching them fight each other. I ve never seen them fight till death, but there is one that had his ear split like a snakes tongue

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Speaking of torturing squarrels....

If you like to feed birds and want to have some fun, look up "Yankee Flipper" bird feeders. They're cylindrical shaped with a perch-ring near the bottom of the cylinder. The perch is spring-loaded, sos a bird can light on it and eat, nothing happens. If something heavier, like Mr. Squarrel gets on it, it trips a switch and the perch starts spinning....The tree-rats will hang on for dear life but they eventually get thrown off, it's hysterical! They used to have a video on their website that would have you in stiches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.