Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a year old mtn cur I got give to me. I have showed her a caged squirrel and I put corn out in the yard so when I would let her out she would see the squirrel and take off after it. She will tree will tree the squirrel bark a couple of times and leave the tree. What can I do to where she will stay on the tree and not get distracted and leave the tree any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
After hunting all last season getting aggravated with how it was going hard work finally paid off. Last year her hunting was different every time we went to the woods sometimes it would seem she was catching on to the game and the next day might seem like she didn’t understand what we was doing. I think she got it figured out this was the last to hunts we have been on
Property Window Building Vehicle Automotive tire
Property Window Building Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tie em to the tree. Don’t shoot unless she is treed. Have patience. It’s all a big math equation they have to figure out. Tree+Barking=You showing up and shooting= squirrel falling. A lot of dogs get ruined by the ones who shoot every nest they walk by to make a tailgate pic look good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts