Squirrel Camp this Friday!

Discussion in 'Small Game and Bird Hunting' started by JB Weld, Dec 19, 2012.

1. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I primarily hunt with a buddy of mine on private property (that he lives on). It is about 200 acres. We used to be in a deer lease, but we got out once we had this nice piece of property to manage. The problem is that you are never "away" from home and the responsibilities of the household. I just live 7 miles down the road. It is a mixed blessing. So this Friday we are having a Squirrel Camp!

We are going to get up and go bust some tree rats. He is going to take his youngest son (who is very excited), and then we are going to cook a big brunch (away from the house). We plan on "unplugging" and staying away from the house (I am sure that I will find time to check AH.NET on my phone, lets just keep it real people). We are going to get a couple more deer stands up and spend the day working on the property and we might even jerk a few catfish out the pond as well! We are going to plan on making this an annual event.

Anybody else got any ideas for things to do that will be fun for the kids?

2. Ktalbertfirefighter

Ktalbertfirefighter Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good time to me I need to do the same thing

3. willfred219

willfred219 Well-Known Member

Just make sure he gets a lot of shooting in whether you see squirrels or not. Sounds like you guys are gonna have a blast.

4. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

Teach them to build a safe fire ring and start a campfire. Let them cook a hotdog for themselves or something like that. :thumb: