spypoint game cameras

Discussion in 'Trail Cams and Photography' started by wcalex, May 30, 2020.

1. wcalex

wcalex Active Member

Has anybody tried these cameras and do they work with straight talk wireless or do you have to be with a major carrier like At&t

2. Kinglake

Kinglake Well-Known Member

I use several and love them. Who you use for your cell service on your phone is not relevant at all for the cameras. They offer 2 versions, ATT and Verizon. Just buy the camera version based on the best service in the location the camera will be placed. Again, who you use for your phone doesn't matter.

3. Leeroy_McCracken

Leeroy_McCracken Well-Known Member

I used one last year. They’re okay. Nothing special but not bad either. Just pick the service that has the best connection out where you plan to put it. I upgraded to the spartan cameras this year and it blows spypoint out of the water.

4. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

They are the best $139 cell cam out there. They are not the best cell cam - but passable.

ArkGirl and brushcreek like this.
  5. SwampCat

Day and night images
    4E6A39B8-0A72-43E2-9FFE-7F58BF2CF20F.jpeg 6CA581E3-9AD6-4ECF-AB69-C9EA31EFC375.jpeg

6. davglo35

davglo35 Super Member<br>2015 Spring Turkey Team Contest Wi

I used a micro all season last year and it worked flawlessly. Good cell cam for the money.

7. SwampCat

The pictures from on the card are a lot better than those you receive on your phone. Top is pic off card, bottom is pic texted to phone

55EEA2DA-DE24-4D88-9653-71CCCE1DD515.jpeg 8C7509E9-C2E2-4ABE-ACFB-4D8FAE6D2627.jpeg

8. Buck_It

Buck_It Well-Known Member

Cabot
    Has anyone used the solar panel and 12v set up with there camera? If so, does it have to be the spypoint brand?

9. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member Staff Member

I use a 12 volt setup on mine, but not the spypoint brand. Think its HME? But may be mistaken. Any 12v system should work.

QuailRidge likes this.
  10. Buck_It

Cabot
    Do you use the solar panel too?

11. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member Staff Member

no I dont, just the 12v battery. It lasts for months as is.

Buck_It likes this.
  12. Buck_It

Cabot
  13. Useyourbow

Useyourbow Well-Known Member

Buck_It likes this.
  14. Nat1

Nat1 Well-Known Member

Do you have to run a card to receive pics on the app?

15. Buck_It

Cabot
    You can receive 100 pictures a month for free. Anything more will require a plan

Nat1 likes this.