Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with them? Thinking of getting a new carry weapon and really like the looks of them.

·
Administrator
81,448 Posts
I've never shot one personally, but several of the guys in our pistol club have them and really like them. They seem to be comparable to the Glock sub-compacts.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, thats kinda what I was reading. I have a Glock 27 but it not having a safety (other than the trigger) bothers me in the holster. The Springfield has one in the trigger and the one in the grip like a 1911 which I really like.

·
Administrator
81,448 Posts
Thanks, thats kinda what I was reading. I have a Glock 27 but it not having a safety (other than the trigger) bothers me in the holster. The Springfield has one in the trigger and the one in the grip like a 1911 which I really like.
I carry a G27 and wouldn't trade it for anything. It fits perfectly where I need it and shoots like a charm. Glock's actually have 3 safeties, the trigger safety, the firing pin safety and the drop safety. The only way the last 2 will deactivate is when the trigger is pulled.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I carry a G27 and wouldn't trade it for anything. It fits perfectly where I need it and shoots like a charm. Glock's actually have 3 safeties, the trigger safety, the firing pin safety and the drop safety. The only way the last 2 will deactivate is when the trigger is pulled.
Mr C im always afraid of the trigger getting snagged upon putting it into the holster. I guess its a mental thing I need to get over.

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Love that gun just a little steep for me. They have them on GB for $1200.:biggrin:

I bought this one used at Fort Thompson's for $431.xx It looked like it had never been shot, or even taken out of the box for that matter. The day that I bought it, we had drove over to Gander Mtn. just to look and see if they had anything that I might want worse than that one and they had one that was a SA that looked almost just like that one except it was stainless and the sights were better quality, and they wanted over a $1000 for it. I made up my mind & I couldn't get back over to Fort Thompson's fast enough. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very rarely have I came across that good of a deal. Want your money back since its a used gun now.:biggrin:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Glocks are one of the safest guns made. I prefer the lack of thumb safety, as when I draw it, it's ready to rock. Nothing like your gun not going "BANG" when you need it. If you want to get rid of it, let me know.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I own (and carry) an XD sub-compact in 9mm. It's a lot like a Glock, but done right................:hide:

I can say that, because I used to be a Glock fan. I made the mistake of renting an XD at the range. Two weeks later, my Glocks were gone. I currently have a 4" and a 3" stainless 9mm. Have bought and sold a .45 ACP stainless model with 4" barrel. The .45 had a bit bigger grip than I liked. The 9mm/.40 models fit my hand like they were made for it.

The grip angle and trigger was what really made the difference. Glocks are excellent guns, and a lot of folks really like them. I just shoot my XD's better, and that's what it's all about.............:up:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Easy now I am still a Glock owner. I have heard great things though. Lifetime warranty to tops.

:wink: ...........I knew that would get some reaction................

I bought a Glock back before they were really popular. Had a lot of folks ridicule my selection. Now it's odd to see a LEO carry anything but a Glock. They are great guns, and opened up a whole new style of firearm to the world. Most every manufacturer offers a polymer-framed pistol. You can even buy a polymer-framed Wilson Combat. None of that would have been possible if Gaston Glock would not have introduced the ubiquitous "tupperware" pistol.................:up:

·
Registered
579 Posts
shot my son's sub compact. I liked the short mag for carry and hi-cap for practice. I installed a laser site and it was easy to operate the switch as it was just in front of the trigger guard. It seems to be very reliable, and plenty accurate. The loaded chamber and cocked hammer indicators are nice too. I was quite impressed. It was a little thick for cc so for now, I'll lug around my heavier Browning BPM. (longer barrel, thinner, no safety, and its an old friend)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts