Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The AGFC will be hosting two Deer Management Workshops in September. The first workshop will be on Sept. 23rd in Sheridan, and the second will be on Sept. 30th in Fayetteville. For additional information, contact the AGFC at (501) 223-6359.

Deer Management Workshop #1

When/Where: September 23rd – 6 PM at the Epperson Center, Sheridan

Speakers/Topics: AGFC Deer Biologists – General Deer Biology
AGFC Private Lands Biologists – Deer Management Assistance Program
Arkansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry representative – How to donate game to the needy
AGFC Law Enforcement – Credible Witness Program
Private Timber Company representative – Combining deer and forest management

Information Booths: Arkansas Bowhunters Association
Arkansas Deer Hunters Alliance
Quality Deer Management Association

Address/Directions to the Epperson Center:

206 East Holly Street, Sheridan, AR 72150.

From Little Rock take US 167 south to Sheridan. From Benton take highway 35. and turn right on US 167. From Pine Bluff, Take US 270 west to Sheridan and turn left at the US 167 traffic light. Go 2 blocks south of the US 167/270 traffic light and turn left on E. Holly. The Epperson Center is located adjacent to the Immanuel Baptist Church.

Deer Management Workshop #2

When/Where: September 30th – 6 PM at the Pauline Whitaker Animal Science Center Arena, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville

Speakers/Topics: AGFC Deer Biologists – General Deer Biology
AGFC Biologists – Management of Wedington WMA
US Forest Service personnel – Deer management on National Forests
Arkansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry representatives – How to donate game to the needy
AGFC Law Enforcement – Credible Witness Program

Information Booths: Arkansas Bowhunters Association
Arkansas Deer Hunters Alliance
Quality Deer Management Association

Address/Directions to the Pauline Whitaker Animal Science Center:
Hwy 112 South (Exit 66)
1335 W.
Knapp
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701
(479) 575-2169

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']The Pauline Whitaker Center is located just to the south of I-540 on HWY 112 (also known as Garland if coming from the campus area). If you are coming towards the arena on I-540, you will take the 112 exit going South. You will proceed until you reach a small road "Knapp". You will notice a large 'wall sign' denoting the 'Pauline Whitaker Animal Science Center'. [/FONT]

· Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,047 Posts
My lil bro went said there was about as many folks from the commission as hunters, he said he got some stuff out of it and felt pretty good about the direction there camp was going!:thumb: They are on the "Earn a Buck" program and in a effort to increase there bucks age structure are allowed only 1 buck- you can take 2 but the second one will cost you!

· Registered
1,597 Posts
It was a good meeting.

The only people from the AGFC were 2 WO's, Cory Gray, Brad Miller, Charles Self (PLB Camden), another PLB (can't remember her name) and Arlene Green. There was also a Professor from UAM who talked and I can't remember his name either.

There were 28 people there other than them, and not counting the ABA, ADHA, and Arkansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry people.

I thought for a first meeting of this kind they did a good job relaying information. There were some good questions asked, although not very many. I hope to see more of these, and hopefully more people will attend.

They discussed DMAP pretty well, and ways clubs could become part of it. They even discussed "unrestricted weapons" permits which have been discussed here before. They talked about benifits of being involved with DMAP and the provisions that come along with being in the program.

They talked a little basic deer biology which I thought was good. Most people have not heard stuff like that before. I wish Dr. Brad Miller would have spoken. I guess they are still breaking him in.

(We) Arkansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry gave a short talk about our program. Ronnie did a good job, and I thought it was very relevant with the discussion on DMAP and Bonus Deer Tags.

Meeting did not go as long as they wanted, but I think that was because of the lack of questions. There were a few, but I don't think there were as many as they hoped.

· Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,047 Posts
I met Brad Miller at the AGFC Hall of Fame banquet and we sat at the same table for dinner- seems like a knowledgable young man! I have him coming to our lease to do a hog hunt I hope in the near future and pick his brain alil!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.