spott hogg light?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by carbonelement, Jan 3, 2011.

1. I have a spott hogg 5 pin sight with the wrap. I have been considering getting the light for them. Does anyone have one they can post a pic of? Or has anyone ever used one on a set of sights with the wrap. I don't know how well it would work with the wrap. I get enough light for the most part but there are a few situations I have ran into that I just needed a little more light. especially hunting out of my wifes blind. Thanks in advance for the advice, help, and goofy comments that are coming.

2. gotyacovered

gotyacovered Well-Known Member

there is a truglo light you can buy for around $25, it has an adapter. my spothogg has a spot for a light and i was able to just screw it in... but the light i bought came with several diff adapters, one of which was a bracket you can use if you didnt have the hole...

think it was a truglo... i didnt keep the package or adapters or i would post a pic...

FWIW i have found that if its dark enough to need a light its too dark to use the peep, when i turn my light on, (and all the way down), its too bright and i cant use the peep effectively. now if you are hunting in a ground blind and its dark inside the blind but not as dark outside, i think it would be useful. just my 2cents.

3. I want it for the blind. If its to dark outside I let them pass.

4. cookiearcher

cookiearcher Well-Known Member

What style of light are you looking for, and how much you willing to spend.

5. spott hogg makes a light for the sight. That was the one I was looking at. BUT if there is anything out there that will work on them, I will look at them as well. As far as the money goes, I just want a light I don't want to pay a huge amount for one but I will.

6. Gford

Gford Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne

Bismarck
    Spott hogg makes a rheostat light just for the sights......I have ordered a bunch of them!

GF

7. Completely unnecessary for stand hunting but I can see where it would be needed out of a blind. If you haven't hunted out of a blacked out pop up blind you can't imagine how bad it affects your pins. Get the Spot Hogg light and let me know how it works so I can decide if I want one for my Hogg It!:biggrin:

Good to see you post again Gford!

8. BushMan

BushMan Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

light

I got one on my sight the brown knob turns it on [​IMG]

9. BushMan

BushMan Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

huntindoc is right got mine for in the blind not needed
    for outside

10. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

Best sight light I've used was a G5. Its a rheostat and has 8 brightness levels compared to others that usually only have 3. Alot of the lights with 3 settings are to bright even on the lowest setting IMO. G5 lights cost a little more, but worth it. They also come with adaptors so they will fit most sights. It will fit a spot hogg.

11. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

A way to fix this problem is to take the light off and color the lens with a black sharpie. It won't black it out but dims it considerably. :up:

12. possum

I like the way a lot of companies are making the way to mount the lights. That is not thread to where it shines directly on the pins but in a location where it's on the tail of the fibers....NO HALO EFFECT. :thumb:

13. SR4

I've done that and it does work good. We use to have to darken the old red and green ones from about 20yrs ago before rheostats came out.

14. possum

You talking about the old light up pins?

15. SR4

No I never had any light up pins. I'm talking about the ones that went in the track with old brass pins.

16. possum

Forgot about them. :thumb: