spotlighters are at it...

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Sylamore, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

This is the third night in a row that I have heard a rifle shot NE of my house. At least a half mile in distance on pvt property. All of the shots have been about one hour after dark. Eventually these guys are going to get caught. I hope so!

The WO's are on their tails.

:thumb:

2. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

Hope they get them too.:thumb:

3. Cjdavis618

Cjdavis618 Well-Known Member

You have any cattle farmers around you? Just because you hear shots and maybe see spotlights doesn't make them deer poachers.

They may have a depredation permit for coyotes.

Could also be Coon hunters or bobcat hunters.

4. Sylamore

Definitely a high power center fire rifle. And only one shot per night. No cattle in that area and it is all behind locked gates.

I have thought about it being predator control, but I really doubt it. Maybe we will find out something about it in a few days. :thumb:

5. Cjdavis618

Cjdavis618 Well-Known Member

Fair enough. If they are poaching, I hope they get them. They are the reason we can't hunt predators at night. :censored:

6. bigpiney81

bigpiney81 Well-Known Member

Only one shot at a time? They are a pretty good shot for poachers. If the WO's are on their tail, I want to know how you got them out of the donut shops. JUST KIDDING!

7. Trapper

Trapper Well-Known Member

At least they're doing it fairly early in the night. The a-holes around here do it around three AM and jar you out of bed with thier big guns.:mad: I wish these guys would shoot more than once. I'll get out of bed and go stand on the porch for awhile and never here anything again. A couple of times it sounded so close it seemed like they were only a few hundred yards away but when your in the house you can't really tell which direction it comes from.

8. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

The deer 'round here are still nocturnal....we got sq.hunters, coon hunters, rabbit hunters, hog hunters, and half a bushel of kids that cashed in on an unexpected fireworks sale. How anybody can bowhunt with this goin on is beyond me. I may take a page from BG's book on laser sights! That was BG wad'n it?

9. lunger

lunger Well-Known Member

I thought deer season is still in here , both day & night.:smack:

10. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

You must have an old regs book. In our zone the season is still open from a half hour before sunset till a half hour after sunrise. :thumb:

11. If they are poachin', I hope the WO's get em.

12. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

I learned a long time ago that hunting at night is not the thing. Back when I was a stupid outlaw I did all mine in the daytime. The only reason I even did it was to save money on food to buy gas to go and see my daughter a the hosipital. The main thing I hate about a poacher is 90% is not doing it out of neccessity it is just that they can or at the time the can or bottle is doing the talking. It is funny how you can look back sometimes. :wink:

13. Sylamore

There will be a shot tonight. They always shoot on Sundays for some reason. I will be listening. :thumb:

14. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Well??? Did they?:thumb:

15. Sylamore

16. yjjeeper

yjjeeper Well-Known Member

lost
    Man, if I was out tonight, I might shoot a couple of times just to get the warmth off of the barrel!!!

17. lunger

lunger Well-Known Member

Arkie 3 fan, I have a current,(2007-08) Arkansas Hunting Guidebook and I CAN READ. :thumb: I was preferring to the outlaws around here were I live.They CAN"T read. :thumb:

18. Sylamore

Must be to cold for them or they got or nearly got caught. :thumb:

19. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

Maybe that Game Warden Green Heat got a little too hot for them to handle. :thumb: