Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which light bars seem to be the best? Looking at putting a 12" bar on mine just wasn't sure which one to get out of spot, flood, combo....

·
Super Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner
2,316 Posts
i wouldnt have anything but a combo on my boat. i might consider a flood pattern on a wheeler or something like that. what are you putting it on?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a 7" combo on a fourwheeler that lit up good but LED on water seems to fade fast unless there's a backdrop like trees to catch the light... Just want opinions and hear what everybody else has. If they like it or not, etc.....

·
Super Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner
2,316 Posts
cool, i would check the seelite W.A.V 12" bar out....has a wider pattern and still has the spot. i have the 12" double row seelite and love it.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
I use a spot and like it. Open water it's not so great and fog I can see the branches to the side and trees up close. Pretty much any light I have used sucks in the fog

·
Registered
777 Posts
I got a spot/flood combo and like it a lot. On big water it does get swallowed up but I ran it this year with the Seelite handheld spotlight and it worked great for keeping track of the bank and the next curve in the river. When you get in the woods you can drop the handheld and just use the bar on the front. No need for anything else.:thumb:

·
Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>http://www.facebook.com
107 Posts
I have a 15" combo on my 550 Edge from Max Lumens. 7600 lumens. Shot me a pm if you have any question and price

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got a couple of each, I prefer the spot pattern (using on vehicles, can't speak for boats). On the cheaper bars, the optics aren't that great and there's enough light scattered around even with the spot it lights up very well. Here's a 30" double row combo (left) and 30" single row spot (right). The combo has double the LEDs so it is brighter, but notice the diameter of the pattern on the spot.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Fog's one of those things that SUCKS. The brighter the light, the worse the fog droplets reflect that light back to your eyes, and you see nothing but white. Kinda like the time I put HID kit in my old F150 Lightning. Got into a foggy spot and they SUCKED. Put the silverstars back in and scrapped the HID kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts