Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Sportsman's Warehouse last weekend looking for some arrow wraps and noticed they had no more wraps, glue, bowstring wax, ect, ect. They still had arrows, sights, a few packs of vanes and broad heads/ field points. They were busy setting up a kids bow so I didn't ask, but does anyone know if they are not going to carry these items anymore? Seemed like they were missing way to many items to just be out of stock.

In any case I ended up checking out Southtown sporting goods, and Midway Archery witch was closed although it was during their regular schedule. Is Midway closed these days? I hope things are going as well as can be for them with the cancer and all.

Southtown didn't have what I wanted but they were helpful and friendly as usual. Washburn Archery is my usual spot, but I was in town so I wanted to do some shopping. Boy it looks like things are sure changing down the hill.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Its just the way it is this time of year. Its pretty much like that everywhere. The demand for it is just not that high right now. They usually wait till summer and place their big orders. They probably get the better pricing on the larger orders. Plus all the places around here deal with fishing also and are selling more of that now. If you need some now just catalog order from Bass Pro or Cabelas or somewhere similiar. I wouldnt worry about Midway. They dont order anything anymore I believe. Gary is not healthy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They'll be getting more stuff in towards the end of summer. Southtown usually has what's needed, but seem to be a bit higher in price. As Lowellarcher said, I also order from Cabelas this time of year.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah I have been fishing mostly also, Washburn will order me what I'm needing, but I also like (liked??) Midway that's where I got my wife's Hoyt. That Sportsman's Warehouse just never seems to have anything I need, either a blank spot on the shelf or not at all, seems like I do a Bass Pro order every time I leave that store. I guess I'll just stop going with gas so high, they don't even carry 2lb fishing line!!!!! Thank goodness for Southtown, Washburn and Bass Pro. It's like when you need 11/32 Saunders field points, yellow fade wraps, and 2lb maxima fishing line you feel like you just got out of your space ship down the hill, but I can go to Washburn MO and get my 99% of all my Archery goods right off the shelf. It's just unreal to me.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
I dont know what the deal is. I bought a bow from Sportsmans 2-3 weeks ago, and I still havent got a rest put on it. They said they cant get Whisker Biscuits in, but Cabelas sure could. However, I will add that the said they'd put the Cabelas rest on there for me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was at Sportsman Warehouse this past weekend and they had wraps, glue, and wax. They had moved that stuff to the same wall as the scents and releases.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was at Sportsman Warehouse this past weekend and they had wraps, glue, and wax. They had moved that stuff to the same wall as the scents and releases.
Thanks for the info. I had to go to Washburn for the field points I was looking for anyway so I'm throwing in the towel on that store all the same. It's good info though Thank you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Guys correct me if I am wrong but didn't Gary pass away a couple of months or so ago? I know that Midway has closed for good from what I hear. Sportsmans did good buy me when I bought my Black Ice up there. They set it up the same day and had everything I needed. I ended up fletching my own arrows though b/c they don't do that. I think though I will continue to deal with Southtown, those guys always treat me right.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
old thread

Midway archery. This thread is just old. Gary did finally loose his battle with cancer. I am unsure if the store has ever re-opened. Sportsman's warehouse moved the fletching gear to a different wall, apparently they had everything boxed up for the move the very moment I went to purchase it. I have been back and I did get a few items from them then placed an order with Lancaster Archery for the balance of items I needed. Southtown continues to be very helpful and I shot a BowTech General down there a few months ago, but decided on the new DXT from the guys at Washburn Archery. Lost a bearing on that one, and received awesome customer service from Mathews and the guys at Washburn Archery.

·
Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,131 Posts
Midway is closed and out of business due to the passing of Gary. From what I've heard Outdoor America has bought out all of the remaining merchadise and they are planning on moving their store to that location. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sad to say Gary didn't make it. Sportsmans warehouse can be helpfull depending who is working the counter and how busy there are. I really like the guys at Southtown they seem to have better deals on there arrows. Outdoor America has moved to thier new location over by AQ chicken in Springdale and those guys are great the new shop is suppose to a indoor range, stop by and check them out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts