Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have been a member of the Spitfire nation for years with no complaints. I will never have another head on my arrows now unless I'm going after elk and then I may still shot spitfires. I have killed 1 elk with a spitfire but I let 1 get away too. Didn't have a passthrough on either 1 but have had on most of the deer I've killed with them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a question? I have been shooting MX4's all year because most of the time I am in a pop up and shoot through the mesh. Can you shoot mechanicals through the mesh. I didn't figure you could since they deploy on impact. I just didn't know if it takes a certaing amount of force to deploy them or not. I haven't had any problem with the MX4's but I know my brother shoots the spit fire's and he loves them, but he hasn't shot out of the pop ups with the mesh up like I do. I have shot one from a lock on with the MX4's but my blood trail wasn't that great. The one's I have shot from the pop up have been so close they haven't gone far.

·
Registered
15,987 Posts
I have a question? I have been shooting MX4's all year because most of the time I am in a pop up and shoot through the mesh. Can you shoot mechanicals through the mesh. I didn't figure you could since they deploy on impact. I just didn't know if it takes a certaing amount of force to deploy them or not. I haven't had any problem with the MX4's but I know my brother shoots the spit fire's and he loves them, but he hasn't shot out of the pop ups with the mesh up like I do. I have shot one from a lock on with the MX4's but my blood trail wasn't that great. The one's I have shot from the pop up have been so close they haven't gone far.
They say you can, but Im always afraid to. Just aint worth the risk to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.