Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I pulled out early morning Wes, and was heading a few miles down the road to bowhunt, and out jumps a deer from the woods in front of me, just as I was going by. He never checks up and smashes in the side of my cab, just were the tailbed starts. He T-bones me solid. I could tell he had spikes but I doubt he does now. Got a nice little dent in the side of my truck now also. I am just glad it doesn't have two holes in the side.

·
Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
1,937 Posts
I had a 3pt. do that to my truck while I was doing 25mph. I guess he wanted to commit haricari cause it obliterated him. Head hit the left headlight and spun his body into my door. Vaporized him! $2700 on damages, didn't have any meat left worth salvaging.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Well I pulled out early morning Wes, and was heading a few miles down the road to bowhunt, and out jumps a deer from the woods in front of me, just as I was going by. He never checks up and smashes in the side of my cab, just were the tailbed starts. He T-bones me solid. I could tell he had spikes but I doubt he does now. Got a nice little dent in the side of my truck now also. I am just glad it doesn't have two holes in the side.
I hit a big doe on base back in January going in on a mid shift. She hit the driver side door of my SUV, and meesed it up pretty good. It didn't killl her, as I was only going 30 mph. I hate hitting deer.

·
Registered
20,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going about 25 mph also. Never hit a deer before, but I can't imagine hitting one going 60 mph and in the front. This one hit me from the side, and it was loud.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I know what you mean about loud. I was with a buddy in high school, and we hit one doing 55. It cracked his grill, but not other damage, except killing the deer, and we had to finish her off, as it broker her legs. All we had was a sledge hammer handle to finish her off with too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I hit one several years ago doing 55 mph. Luckily it was dead center on the front bumper and did no damage, just some hair in the grille. It was loud as thunder though in my cab when I hit it. It was a smaller deer and spun like a top 3 times when I hit it.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Mine is in the shop right now because of Wednesday morning. At least I got some back straps out of the deal.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Back several years ago an old guy told me that he got his deer meat with his bumper every season, on purpose. I asked how he kept from having so much damage to his van, he said "slam the brakes and then let off just before you hit". It makes the front bumper come up and you get less damge to the truck.

I in no way advocate this method of deer hunting but, I had a doe run out in front of me and now I can say from expieriance the damage is less to your vehicle.

Boom

·
Registered
100 Posts
I hit a doe a couple of years back with my Ranger. I was rollin along about 50 when she ran out in front of me. Hit her with the right front of the truck. She slid up the hood, hit the windsheild, and slid up on top of the cab. She was laying up there kicking up a storm till the brakes turned her momentum back the other way and she slid back off the truck. After 3 or 4 rolls across the pavement she was up and gone!! Only damage was a broken out turn signal bezel and it moved the headlight housing just a bit. Made one terrible noise though!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was going about 25 mph also. Never hit a deer before, but I can't imagine hitting one going 60 mph and in the front. This one hit me from the side, and it was loud.
Very loud and scary hitting a deer at 60 with no chance to break. Scared the daylights out of me. This happened 3 weeks ago. Dang spike had no chance. The odd thing to me is that the airbags never deployed.. I guess that's a good thing?? Sent the deer skidding about 150 feet across two southbound lanes of traffic and onto the shoulder. I hated it for the deer and the car. It is truly nerve racking now hitting one and watching more intently as I drive this hwy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My family owns a body shop, you would be suprised what a deer can do to a vehicle. Weirdest one we ever got was a nanny jumping into the rear window of a crew cab chevy. Killed her on impact, did not stop her from going through the window and coming to a rest in the back seat. No one was injured and the guy that owned the truck did not have to load her up to carry her home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.