sparkplug finally treed!!

Discussion in 'Small Game and Bird Hunting' started by Big E, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Big E

Big E Well-Known Member

This past Sat I took Sparkplug out. We were slipping through the woods and I heard a squirrel barking. We slipped over there and I leaned against a tree. I saw 2 squirrels chasing each other so I watched them then I watched Sparkplug. He looked right at them and rared up on his back feet and there he went. He was barking until he got to the tree about 50yrds away. He bowed up on the tree and watched them ever so alertly!! I slipped a little closer and busted one in the head. He grabbed it when it fell and ran back over to me. It was a little difficult getting it out of his mouth but I gutted it right there and gave him the heart and liver. I was so proud that I was about to bust out of my skin!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a 7mo old Mt. Feist and he is my first squirrel dog. I would post a pic of him but I cant figure the darn thing out.:fit:

2. John E.

John E. Well-Known Member

Way to go Sparkplug! That is the best time, when they first start to click.

3. angus

angus Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! mine is still just a biscuit eater, but I have not taken her out as much as I should. Someday...maybie someday.

4. englishdawgs

englishdawgs Well-Known Member

Congrats. Now you need to just keep him in the Woods. good luck sounds like he may make a gooden.

5. RWilliams

RWilliams Well-Known Member

Congtulations, That may have been all it takes to set him on fire. :up: I had a nice Mt. Curr a few years ago that I trained. She hunted hard and was squirrel crazy but never had treed one squirrel. Then one afternoon my wife and I carried her to the woods and it was like you just turned the light switch on she treed 5 times as hard as you could ask for and we killed all 5 squirrels. You never know but it sure is nice when they finally get it.

Roger