Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here hunt with short legged, long haired, dogs like Spaniels?

I like to take my dog with me sometimes when tracking a blood trail, or just walking in the woods.
She is not a spaniel but does have short legs and long hair.
She picks up every briar, twig, leaf, or piece of grass in her path.

I have a pair of briar proof pants that I wear, and was interested in knowing if anything exists for my little friend, that will keep her from getting everything in the woods tangled in her fur?

Little twigs of dried blackberry Briar are the worst to try getting untangled from her belly and chest hair, as well as her under legs (arm pits):biggrin:.

Please don't suggest shaving her hair. She is my wife's dog too, and she would kill me.

Most of the vest I have seen in catalogs are for retrievers and have floatation devices on them, or are just for extra warmth.
I'm looking for briar proof.
....popgun

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I have had some clients that use a product actually made for little girls hair called detangler spray. They spray the hair before and after hunting. I hunt with German Shorthairs so I have never actually tried this idea. But, in theory it sounds like it might work and certainly wouldn't hurt the dog
Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.