Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy hunted Spadra this morning and never fired a shot. Had 3 teal buzz us right at legal shooting time but that was the only thing that came close. Saw about 50 birds all morning. We picked up at 9:30. Only other group of hunters that we saw said they shot 1 GW teal. Anybody else do any good this morning?

· Super Moderator
9,950 Posts
I hunted with CarbonMatrix on here at Morrison Bluff and didn't fire a shot. Not one in the big cove at the bridge did either. I saw 4 ducks total. I said, "Heck with this." We picked up at 8 o'clock. :banghead:

· Registered
2,535 Posts
Earlier in the season there was a bunch of birds! Now not so much at all. Went scouting today in the rain, for some odd reason, and I might have seen 20-25 birds. Most of those were blackjack. Hopefully this front Thursday will do something for this weekwnd..... Let us pray

· Registered
265 Posts
Last time I was at Spadra( Thanksgiving weekend)I saw lots of birds. Only problem I had was some goofballs that set up on me about 15 minutes before shooting time. Ticked me off since I drove from Bentonville to hunt, I had scouted the place found an area with lots of sign, got out there and set up an hour before shooting time. Then they pull in and set up about 75 yards down from me. If your in timber that might not be as bad, but on the river that spoils a hunt. Guess that's the joy of hunting public land.

· Registered
1,117 Posts
Last time I was at Spadra( Thanksgiving weekend)I saw lots of birds. Only problem I had was some goofballs that set up on me about 15 minutes before shooting time. Ticked me off since I drove from Bentonville to hunt, I had scouted the place found an area with lots of sign, got out there and set up an hour before shooting time. Then they pull in and set up about 75 yards down from me. If your in timber that might not be as bad, but on the river that spoils a hunt. Guess that's the joy of hunting public land.
One of the reasons I try not to hunt spadra anymore.

· Registered
589 Posts
Ok mitchhigh and wood duck wacker, i hunted with both of you guys the other day and 11 of us limited out on greenheads and teal that day. And mitch when we took that boat ride we seen thousands of ducks! Why do you all have to lie about the ducks its not like anyone else is gonna go get our holes.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Ok mitchhigh and wood duck wacker, i hunted with both of you guys the other day and 11 of us limited out on greenheads and teal that day. And mitch when we took that boat ride we seen thousands of ducks! Why do you all have to lie about the ducks its not like anyone else is gonna go get our holes.
You're not invited anymore if you can't honor the code!

· Registered
2,028 Posts
You're not invited anymore if you can't honor the code!

· Registered
883 Posts
FROM BENTONVILLE??????? KANSAS AND OKLAHOMA ARE RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

· Registered
265 Posts
I keep saying I'm not going to pay out of state liscense fees to duck hunt when I live in Arkansas, but the way it's going I may end up doing it. I'm headed south east to hunt this weekend, hopefully it will restore some of my faith in our states ability to produce a heavy duck strap???

· Registered
2,273 Posts
Great now everybody knows we where in the rest area!!! Dang it honor the hole!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.