Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple friends, my family, and myself were seriously considering joining SouthWind Outdoors. We have gotten information from the man and we are thinking it sounds pretty good. We have gotten 6 people together so they claim they are going to survey and lease land closer to where we live at our choosing. Granted they find willing land owners. This is appealing bacause we wuold love to have something remotely close to the house besides having to take a road trip every hunt. Southwind is affiliated with AWA which have 1,000's of sq. miles of land in AR. Mo. CO. WY. KS etc... Access to private lakes, ponds, camping, and all types of hunting. They say we will have access to all of this though we will be joining the Arkansas chapter. Just wanting some feedback o from customers or someone who knows a little bit about it. Look forward to hearing back...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought the same. But he assure u if we got 6 people to together he would find us property near home. Rouoghly 150acres per hunter. That is our stipulation we will join if we can get something close to the house so we can get our moneys worth. But we also have the option to hunt somewhere else if we want. Only 100 members in the ar. chapter

·
Super Moderator
7,070 Posts
That is our stipulation we will join if we can get something close to the house so we can get our moneys worth. But we also have the option to hunt somewhere else if we want. Only 100 members in the ar. chapter
Those other 100 members will have the right to hunt that land you plan on getting your moneys worth out of too.

Not saying it is a bad deal. If you have the money and six others. Why not do the work yourself and find a good place to hunt that you control. I think they are for the guy with plenty of money and no time to find a place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well 90% of their members are located in the little rock or nothern state area. We are from n.w. louisiana. We are intesrested in land on the red river in s.w. arkansas. I thought it would be neat to have the access to all different types of land. Even if you have to make a reservation, if you own 500 acres that the ONLY place your gonna hunt. They take reservations 7 days in advance. But thatnk you for the feedback... the land to hunter ratio is 150acres=1 hunter. so we wuld be look at 700-1000 acres near home plus everything else they offer

·
Super Moderator
7,070 Posts
Like I said It may be a good deal for you and your friends. First year cost of $10,435.00 for the six of you and $5,460.00 a year. Looks like they have some decent duck Hunting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am a member of this club. Between myself and my guest we killed 5 deer on club properties this year. I am looking at a lease in Mississippi with my family for next year. After this springs turkey season I may sell my lifetime membership. If you have any questions about the club I will be glad to answer all I can. Don't get me wrong the club is great but, Mississippi has a much better deer season structure than Arkansas. I will not be able to afford Southwind dues and Mississippi Lease.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Deerhuntin, I am originally from mississippi. Where in miss are you looking for a lease? I would be interested in finding a MS lease that was accessible from AR too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.