Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a recommendation for a turkey outfit in south Texas?

I planted the idea with the wife a long time ago that at some point I wanted to take the kids to Texas on spring break and turkey hunt. Do the whole San Antonio thing while we're in the neighborhood: Alamo, Spurs game, etc... Well, her sister is moving to that area; and she wants to go pay them a visit next spring! I want to get the ball rolling so I'm not just booking whatever is available next spring. A decent place to stay where the wife would feel comfortable would be a plus. Needs to be in the South zone so the season will be open, and I think that zone is smaller than it used to be.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good place to research looking through old threads on turkey hunting outfitters and reaching out to the folks closer to the area that might have more broad knowledge of the local outfitters. I haven't been on this site for a couple of years since I moved but it used to have some good folks on there willing to help.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts

I planted the idea with the wife a long time ago that at some point I wanted to take the kids to Texas on spring break and turkey hunt. Do the whole San Antonio thing while we're in the neighborhood: Alamo, Spurs game, etc... Well, her sister is moving to that area; and she wants to go pay them a visit next spring! I want to get the ball rolling so I'm not just booking whatever is available next spring. A decent place to stay where the wife would feel comfortable would be a plus. Needs to be in the South zone so the season will be open, and I think that zone is smaller than it used to be.
At her sister's house, while you turkey hunt.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts

Well Dad, can you at least pick an outfitter that has lakes with 10# bass and a James Beard nominated chef?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Do a Facebook search for Kyle Pattenson. He is from Encino TX. I went a couple years ago. He had lots of turkeys. Only problem was that it is a looong way for me to drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts