Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother lives in LR and he called me on Monday to know if I Could take him and his son, Isaac, hunting Friday morning. Well when my son, Jared, heard that is cousin was coming in to deer hunt he wanted to go too. His grades are all high As so I let him skip yesterday to hunt. I get my brother headed to his stand, and Isaac strapped in his and Jared and I head to another 2 man ladder stand. We get settled in just as it is starting to lighten up. Squirrels running everywhere, turkeys yelping, hunting with one of my boys, very blessed. a young 4 pt comes thru around 7:30 but no shot. A little after 8 a little doe rolls in to the feeder and faces us for 15 minutes. she finally get sideways enough for him to shoot. When he shoots she mule kicks and runs off. I'm thinking he drilled her but when I get down to go look at arrow, a pass thru, rage 2.3 chiselhead, there is white hair on the ground. Now I am thinking little low on exit, maybe only 1 lung and liver. I get back in stand and we sit for about another 90 minutes, another doe came around about 9:15 and we just watched it wander around and then off. Down and tracking, not much blood for first15-20 yards, then lots of blood. Looking good now. She is changing directions as if starting to stumble, so I am looking up and around as much as down on ground for blood. Now we have gone another 80-90 yards good blood, trail straightened up and angling along side of hill. go another 75-80 yards and blood just stops and no deer in site. I circle around and look for blood and deer and find nothing. I tell Jared that I don't think deer is far but lets go to truck and get Tracy and Isaac and come back w 2 more sets of eyes to look. We all came back and start looking again. about 50 yards below last blood there is a ditch and deer was starting to head downhill, so I decide to walk far side of ditch looking for blood thinking crossing ditch may have caused some more bleeding. No blood found walked 50 yards down ditch then turned and moved about 25 yards from edge of ditch and got to place where we thought she might crossed and there she was about 25-30 yards on other side of ditch. She ran about 60 yards without bleeding a drop that we could find. When we gutted her it was all inside her, exit hole I guess got plugged up,even though he didn't get guts.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.