Something Special

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Down on the White, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

I had to bury my new best friend yesterday and for once I will be man enough to admit I actually had a tear in my eye. His name was Shadow and was only four mounths old, hate losing mans best friend.:frown: Been around a few good hounds in my life, the best thing is the wife is the one who gave it to me for a christmas present. DW

2. elwaller

elwaller Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015

Had to take mine to vet last year to be put down. He was 13 years old and his back legs gave out on him. I will never have another German shepard after him. One of the hardest things I had ever had to do.

3. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

Bro, I'm real sorry to hear of your loss. I had a young German Shepard that I lost, that I will never ever forget. It was my own fault she got killed and I saw it happen. I had her less than four months but Kia was one of the best dogs I had ever had.

As far as that tear in your eye goes..... I'd be wrorried about you if you didn't have one.

4. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Well-Known Member

That's tough bro..Sorry about your loss...

5. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

Either Parvo got him hope I spelled it right or he got into some antifreeze either way I tried my best to keep him on this earth.It still xyz because I have to admit this was my litttle best friend.

6. TheBattman

TheBattman Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

I completely understand - we had to put down my buddy Collin July of '06, and I still find myself missing him. Amazing how a critter can cause us as much grief as family when they are gone!

7. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

I know how you feel. I have had to do it three times and the fourth is not far away. :frown:

8. bps12

bps12 Well-Known Member

Brother, I feel your pain and I am sorry for your loss. It's funny how you can get so attached to them little buggers so quick.

9. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

DW, one of the manliest things you can do is admit how much pain you're in. Those little furry packages of love are only on loan from God, and we know from the start that one day we'll have to give them back. Sorry yours had to leave so soon.

10. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

I've got a 3 1/2 month old chocolate lab and I couldn't imagine having to put her down alread. Sorry to hear about it man. :frown:

11. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

Losing a pet is painful for sure but it's a small price to pay for the joy that they bring us while we do have them.