Some stupid ***** shot my pet deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by BigBuckDown, Dec 29, 2010.

1. BigBuckDown

BigBuckDown Well-Known Member

Had a pet buck since he was 2 weeks old and he was 2 this year.He jumped the fence when muzzleloader season came in.He came back 3 days later and i built the fence higher so he couldnt jump it.I also painted his horns orange,and put big orange dots all over his body just in case it happened again. Well the day b4 gun season he actually knocked the fence down and snapped a T post.Hadnt seen him since and got the word that a guy shot him at 5 yards opening weekend.The deer was just probably going up to the guy to get petted.But come on an orange deer.If you dont have enough since to not shoot a deer with orange all over it you dont need to be hunting. Anyway this guy needs his A** whopped.

2. 10pointman

10pointman Waterfowl forum Sheriff<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Co Staff Member

What an Idiot!!! Stupid people just amaze me!

3. AR_deerslayer

AR_deerslayer Well-Known Member

he will probably mount it, with those orange horns . . sorry for your loss . .we had the same thing happen several years back with a buck. . oh and my parents had a pet turkey, a huge tom, only had a 9 in beard but probably weighed 30lbs + ,he really started gobblin a lot in spring and he would meet wild hens and jakes at the back of their field, well the neighbor jus started turkey hunting that year, and opening day hunted the backside of there field , called up ol tom, and got him . . we were talking the next day with his folks and they said how excited he was that he got his first turkey , and got him at the back of our field . . we never told them any different . didnt wanna take away fromn his trophy .lol

4. beltcutter

beltcutter Well-Known Member

Yes, there seems to be a fool in every tree these days. Years ago there was a dentist from Texarkana who shot a yearling that was wearing a large orange collar...in the owner's yard...at night! He was caught and paid deeeerly for it.

5. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

what an idiot:smack:

6. seed

seed Active Member

Please post picture of orange horned polka dotted deer. :fit:

7. kendract

kendract Well-Known Member

That WOULD be a funny sight to see. Sorry about that though. That's kind of sad. Like you said, why would someone shoot an orange deer! If that's not obvious, I don't know what is.

8. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

your blaze orange pet wanted desperaely to be let go

9. NWA Bowhntr

NWA Bowhntr Well-Known Member

Yep! That's why they say wild animals don't make good pets! I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but that's why I leave nature to take care of itself.

I personally wouldn't shoot an orange polka dotted deer though! What an idiot!

10. ARflinger

ARflinger Well-Known Member

He didn't want to be let go, he wanted some uh well you know what he wanted. :cool:

11. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Well-Known Member

:fit::fit::fit:............
    I am truely sorry that you lost your pet. I can relate to that. But can you imagine sitting in your stand... first light.. opening morning... and an orange poky-dotted, antler painted buck steps out? :eek: And then approaches to within 5yds... :fit: The guy was probably thinking... "Man.. I hate to do this, but NO ONE will ever believe me if I don't"

Again, not agreeing with what happened. Just adding alittle humor to an already bad situation.

12. tracytqrc

tracytqrc Well-Known Member

Sorry for your lose.

A few years ago, a fella down the road from me had a nice buck and a couple does as pets in a fence. Some :censored: shot the buck through the fence, with a bow, climbed in to get him andone of the does came up to him while he was tring to get the buck over the fence, so he stabbed her a couple times to get her to leave him alone.

13. Ozone

Ozone Well-Known Member

A person I may or may not know castrated his buck to avoid that problem. For someone in the future to think about.

Course you can now call yourself an artist. Yeah, I once painted a deer. :biggrin:

14. alansivell

alansivell New Member

some folks these days got more money than they got sense.

15. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Well-Known Member

Now THAT'S 'plausible deniablity' if I ever heard it! :up:

16. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

I know a guy who had pet deer. He lived on the corner of an intersection of 2 gravel roads and he had deer shot out of his pen from the road at least 3 times.

17. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Was it a legall buck? If it was I would at lease caught it an wash it up an took the orange off.

Sorry to hear that some people don't care about anothere man pet. It's like guys shooting deer dogs it's a shame.

18. 16section mafia

16section mafia Well-Known Member

there was a guy that lived just up the road from our camp,he had a pet doe,we'd hunt all morning come to camp and have a few dead deer on skinning rack and she come out the woods with her ORANGE collar and BELL ding ding...and she loved to eat cigarettes and HOT cheetoes.....anyways few weeks later bout a mile away from our camp(still on our lease) 1 of our members shot her when she waled out in the road.....DUH couldnt hear the bell or see collar??? sum folks amaze me:banghead::mad::censored:

19. Arkansas Archer

Arkansas Archer Well-Known Member

Same thing happen to me a few years ago. He tore his fence up one night and got out. I looked for him most of the night with no luck. I came back the next morning to look for him and herd some people yelling so I walked over in the direction of all the noise and herd a rifle crack off. I was fifty yards away and few minutes to late. I walked and he was stil kickin talk about heart broke. Sorry for your loss I'm sure your just sick I was. Man there alot of work I will never have another deer as a pet some animals are just ment to be in the wild and I think deer are just one of them.