Some of us wanted to fix our coaching situation a long time ago...

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by miketyson26, Oct 11, 2017.

1. miketyson26

miketyson26 Well-Known Member

A $6 million buyout is less then anyone has figured by far and it's less if he head coaches again. I guess we should thank Jeff Long for doing a way better contract then previously believed. With such a small buyout there's more money left to go after big name coaches.

Miketyson26

2. paxcolt

paxcolt Well-Known Member

Maybe the ol' Yankee carpetbagger isn't quite as stupid as everybody's been saying.

3. hawgpharm

hawgpharm Well-Known Member

Maybe not. There is some disagreement on the details of the contract though that will need to be interpreted by the lawyers. Some say the buyout is $15 million. Some say that's just the number used to calculate the actual buyout.

Btw, anyone know where I can get a job and get paid $6 million-$15 million to go away.

Triple Threat and orangefeetdown like this.
  4. Stainless

Stainless Well-Known Member

I was wrong, too. But in all reality, you have to give a coach time to prove themselves. He's been given his chance and has proven his ability or lack there of. It's time to close this chapter and start another.

5. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Y'all can fire me for $6 Mil Large. I don't need no stinkin' $15M. I'll go buy a pig farm in Iowa and get a gig on ESPN talking nonstop, and make the $15Mil back in no time. Meanwhile, my predecessor would probably be Mack Brown or such.

orangefeetdown likes this.
  6. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Make that successor, not predecessor. Geez.

Bret's mouth will always ensure he's a staple on pre-post game shows. He won't starve. And like me, he doesn't have to eat for about 5 years anyway.

7. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    If that does indeed end up being the case, which who knows until the lawyers interpret, I'll give Long a whole lot more credit.

8. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

was looking like an upwards program ......... did not go that way at all

9. wooducksooie

wooducksooie Well-Known Member

NEA
    Here he goes again...throwing the players under the bus. I mean he did state the obvious when he said we "didn't have the horses" in his post game. This is a message to the players that you're just not good enough. It's something else to demoralize them. He's got a team that doesn't want to play for him. This this idiot not realize that's on him?

orangefeetdown likes this.
  10. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    Yep. He's blaming them (maybe not completely unfairly) for his misfortune, but in all reality that is (mostly) on him. Look they may not be talented enough and we may not have indeed had the horses, but that's on him. He's either a completely awful evaluator of talent, or he's a crappy developer of talent. It's one or the other. No if ands or buts about it. I know you miss on some kids, that's going to happen without fail from time to time, but the frequency that it's happening at Arkansas is downright ridiculous.

hawgpharm likes this.
  11. dogdoc

dogdoc Well-Known Member

I looked back at the old thread with my fingers crossed. I was one to give B.B. a chance. Thank goodness I was off the B.B. train before that goofy thread y’all linked. Lol. (Sigh of relief).

12. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member